5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U connect 5

rphelps99

Reaction score
Is anyone else having multiple glitch issues with uconnect 5?
My added home screens keep disappearing. About half the time upon startup xm comes up on channel 1. Current altitude shows I'm well below sea level.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Count me in. I have to reset it nearly every day. My climate control is absent 80% of the time. It seems to have a mind of its own. And Android Auto Wireless is infuriating. I can't use it with the hotspot which I desperately need. I LOVE the rest of the truck but UC5 is garbage.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If it’s any consolation the UC4 wasn’t very good either when it first came out so they’ll work on the updates to make it better . I hate how the consumer is always the beta testers for something new on vehicles but it seems to be that way for every manufacturer nowadays . You’ll think since they had UC5 out for a couple years in the Pacifica and the Durango that problems wouldn’t be appearing in the new Rams either . Sorry rant over .

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
Look under the
Is anyone else having multiple glitch issues with uconnect 5?
My added home screens keep disappearing. About half the time upon startup xm comes up on channel 1. Current altitude shows I'm well below sea level.
Might be best to look and post under the Uconnect Forum. You‘ll find more information and responses.
Also you can add to or see what’s listed also in this thread. Uconnect 5 is better but…

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
If it’s any consolation the UC4 wasn’t very good either when it first came out so they’ll work on the updates to make it better . I hate how the consumer is always the beta testers for something new on vehicles but it seems to be that way for every manufacturer nowadays . You’ll think since they had UC5 out for a couple years in the Pacifica and the Durango that problems wouldn’t be appearing in the new Rams either . Sorry rant over .
I agree that the consumers shouldn’t be paying to BETA test anything especially safety items like blind spot monitoring, collision avoidance etc! Everything sold on the open market should have been Vetted and proven reliable prior to the sale to the consumers. I have posted on the NHTSA website these concerns on other vehicles I have purchased and things didn’t work as advertised.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm having the same troubles with home screens disappearing (and often flipping to a different screen for no good reason).

EMS_Pilot_66

Reaction score
I agree that the consumers shouldn’t be paying to BETA test anything especially safety items like blind spot monitoring, collision avoidance etc! Everything sold on the open market should have been Vetted and proven reliable prior to the sale to the consumers. I have posted on the NHTSA website these concerns on other vehicles I have purchased and things didn’t work as advertised.
Yet they expect people to pay for services after the meager 3 month trial is over when you can’t even use 1/2 of the features in the package. @RamCares should be all over this as should FCA and extending at a minimum a year trial to until those features are working/enabled. Why would anyone pay a monthly fee for features that don’t work or aren’t enabled during the trial afterwards.

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
Yet they expect people to pay for services after the meager 3 month trial is over when you can’t even use 1/2 of the features in the package. @RamCares should be all over this as should FCA and extending at a minimum a year trial to until those features are working/enabled. Why would anyone pay a monthly fee for features that don’t work or aren’t enabled during the trial afterwards.
I really don't understand why we cant connect to a WIFI signal for map and other updates, like when I pill into my garage.

Mrgreg2

Reaction score
I received a work around instruction from RAM customer service and that to was inaccurate.
I did go to "where to" and select state, put in city, next put in the street, Now the street address box is gone (never comes up) this was there in the beginning. Going back to the dealer soon!!!!! spoke with case manager and no help (welcome to the new connected age) more MONEY$$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/