5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyger T1 Tonneau Cover

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
I just installed this Tonneau cover and I really like it. I'll do some trial runs on the waterproof but as far as the fitment I like it. It's non permanent with the clamps. And I got it for $189.00!! So I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• 20190503_213405.jpg
    20190503_213405.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 606
  • 20190503_182047.jpg
    20190503_182047.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 629
  • 20190503_182040.jpg
    20190503_182040.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 587

greg_nc

Reaction score
I just got mine too and I think it is an outstanding value and quality seems to be high!

greg_nc

Reaction score
How long have you had it on?
23 hours. Just being honest! Haha! Seriously though I have owned a few different types and this one for the price is really amazing. It’s really all I need.

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
23 hours. Just being honest! Haha! Seriously though I have owned a few different types and this one for the price is really amazing. It’s really all I need.
Yeah I forgot to pull mine out into the storm we got here in Houston so I didn't get to check the waterproof. I'll probably go through the car wash today. Did you use both foam strips?

greg_nc

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot to pull mine out into the storm we got here in Houston so I didn't get to check the waterproof. I'll probably go through the car wash today. Did you use both foam strips?
No. Just the front strip. I will keep an eye on it and decide whether to do the other one later.

Cmiller18y

Reaction score
No. Just the front strip. I will keep an eye on it and decide whether to do the other one later.
Well I guess I'll get to try it out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190507-152633_MyRadar.jpg
    Screenshot_20190507-152633_MyRadar.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 121

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have updates on water testing for the T1? I have my eye on this and it appears to be perfect for my needs. Plus, its currently rolling on Amazon for $179 which is pretty ridiculous for a decent roll cover.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
This is quite interesting. I have had BAK Revolver covers on my last 2 trucks, and after a couple of years the felt on the underside comes unglued, and on my last one, the vinyl started separating from the aluminum underneath. Plus, they're heavy (90lbs).

With this cover, how do you keep dirt out of the velcro, or clean it out?

I like the idea of completely removing the cover when the full bed is needed, is that possible with this? It looks like the clamps are easy to install/remove from the bed rails too.

Thanks,

-John

DSGCobra

Reaction score
I have the T3 which is the soft tri fold. Washed my truck a couple of times and had some heavy rains with down pours. Have no problem with any water getting in and I didn't use any of the strips.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up getting this Tyger T1 on Amazon. $179 with one day delivery. Just finished installing and it took about an hour to install. I took my time and had a couple Friday evening beers so if I was in a hurry I'm sure it could have been 20-30 mins.

I'm pretty impressed with the hardware and sealing. Especially with the price point. It came with two tape seal strips. I installed the thicker strip near the front of the bed and the thinner strip I attached to underneath the rear of the cover. Time will tell with water leakage but I'm optimistic. I have a trip tomorrow where it may rain for about two hours of the ride so it will provide a good test. 20190614_175631.jpg

kifac

Reaction score
I ended up getting this Tyger T1 on Amazon. $179 with one day delivery. Just finished installing and it took about an hour to install. I took my time and had a couple Friday evening beers so if I was in a hurry I'm sure it could have been 20-30 mins.

I'm pretty impressed with the hardware and sealing. Especially with the price point. It came with two tape seal strips. I installed the thicker strip near the front of the bed and the thinner strip I attached to underneath the rear of the cover. Time will tell with water leakage but I'm optimistic. I have a trip tomorrow where it may rain for about two hours of the ride so it will provide a good test.

I too just installed the same one on my truck!
how are the front corners of yours? I could slightly see into the bed from the corners but i didnt add the second strip on the tailgate
2Ho2ASI.jpg

Reactions: Jtr

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too just installed the same one on my truck!
how are the front corners of yours? I could slightly see into the bed from the corners but i didnt add the second strip on the tailgate
2Ho2ASI.jpg
My front corners aren't bad at all. I am noticing some minimal seepage from water near the tailgate this morning. I think it is more a product of the tailgate than the cover. Overall I'm pretty happy.

kifac

Reaction score
My front corners aren't bad at all. I am noticing some minimal seepage from water near the tailgate this morning. I think it is more a product of the tailgate than the cover. Overall I'm pretty happy.

yup i understand what youre saying, i took it into a carwas today..and this was uses some high pressure water all the way around and from the top. After it all i opened up the tailgate and found water near the front. This must be from what you described. It should do just fine with normal rain

JCLAWS1988

Reaction score
I have the T3 soft folding cover as well, while I love the price point and quality, one of the corners of the cover on the tailgate is slightly raised. Its as if the clamp is to long and I cant compensate to make the latch shorter so it tightens. The clamp does tighten, but its slightly loose compared to the rest of the clamps. While its a first world problem, its bugs me like no other that its not perfectly flat. Anyone else have this
issue?

kifac

Reaction score
I have the T3 soft folding cover as well, while I love the price point and quality, one of the corners of the cover on the tailgate is slightly raised. Its as if the clamp is to long and I cant compensate to make the latch shorter so it tightens. The clamp does tighten, but its slightly loose compared to the rest of the clamps. While its a first world problem, its bugs me like no other that its not perfectly flat. Anyone else have this
issue?

yup one side of mine is like that, with alittle pressure i can get it to sit flat

JCLAWS1988

Reaction score
yup one side of mine is like that, with alittle pressure i can get it to sit flat

Im thinking since its just hat one clamp, Im going to contact Tyger and see if they can send me a replacement clamp. maybe that will fix the issue. Other than that though, no issues with water and ive taken through multiple car washes and rain

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So whats the finally conclusion with this one?
I'm giving it a thumbs up. I've been through a couple rain storms over the past week and it keeps the bed dry... outside of the normal seepage from the OEM tailgate. For the price and convenience of a quick roll cover it is solid so far from me. Very easy to roll up and roll back to lock it in place.

kifac

Reaction score
So whats the finally conclusion with this one?
I'm giving it a thumbs up. I've been through a couple rain storms over the past week and it keeps the bed dry... outside of the normal seepage from the OEM tailgate. For the price and convenience of a quick roll cover it is solid so far from me. Very easy to roll up and roll back to lock it in place.

Pretty much what JTR said.
Raining all afternoon here. Had to go out and get some gas. Coming down hard on my way home. Checked the back, not a drop of water.
For the price its amazing and im very very happy

Users who are viewing this thread