5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyger T1 Tonneau Cover

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced snow on top of this cover? I had a BAK Revolver X2 on my last truck, and whatever the 1st gen of that on the truck before that one, and even 2 feet of snow didn't bother it.

-John

DSGCobra

Reaction score
I'm giving it a thumbs up. I've been through a couple rain storms over the past week and it keeps the bed dry... outside of the normal seepage from the OEM tailgate. For the price and convenience of a quick roll cover it is solid so far from me. Very easy to roll up and roll back to lock it in place.
I have the same seepage from the tailgate, any one now a way to prevent?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a great cover at a great price. A corner BARELY raises up. If that bothers you check other covers. Mine is great and I'll keep it
Jclaws- Did they send you a replacement clamp and if so, did it help with that corner?

JCLAWS1988

Reaction score
I havn't contacted them yet sorry. Been fishing on my days off! Will get back to you when I hear from them

Reactions: Jtr

DraKhen99

Reaction score
So, I was looking at the Tyger T1, but then I noticed the Tyger T3 ... anybody have one of those? It's only like $50 more on Amazon, and according to Tyger, the tension is preset and it uses quick-release clamps, so its installation/removal is ~5 minutes, as opposed to ~30 minutes for the T1. I also saw a T5, but don't really want to spend $500+ again on a tonneau cover when I don't usually leave things in the bed. I can uninstall a soft cover for snowfall and such.

-John

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I was looking at the Tyger T1, but then I noticed the Tyger T3 ... anybody have one of those? It's only like $50 more on Amazon, and according to Tyger, the tension is preset and it uses quick-release clamps, so its installation/removal is ~5 minutes, as opposed to ~30 minutes for the T1. I also saw a T5, but don't really want to spend $500+ again on a tonneau cover when I don't usually leave things in the bed. I can uninstall a soft cover for snowfall and such.

-John

I had the Tyger T3 on a previous truck and had no issues with it. I ordered one for this new truck a couple days ago, I won’t use it all the time but for the price those Tigers are hard to beat.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I had the Tyger T3 on a previous truck and had no issues with it. I ordered one for this new truck a couple days ago, I won’t use it all the time but for the price those Tigers are hard to beat.

I had a Roll-X on my 2011 F-150 and a Revolver X2 on my 2015, both BAK products. Both over $500 (I forget what I paid for each one), and after a couple of years the felt underneath would start coming unglued, and on the X2, the vinyl was separating from the aluminum. Both were quality products, but I find that I don't really need the security part of a rolling hard cover, and it would be preferable to have the quick removal and lighter weight going forward.

-John

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s my view too, I don’t leave anything valuable in the bed of my truck anyway. I use it mostly for weather protection of luggage or other items. I don’t even keep it on there all the time.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's really a matter of preference and your price point. I've been removing and replacing my T1 cover (albeit, not comp;ete full removal including the clamps) at least two times a week between kids sporting events or hauling other stuff and I am really happy so far. It comes with a decent warranty so if it rips or discolors outside of the warranty- at this point, I'd probably get the same cover. That said, things can change and once kids are out of the house I wouldn't be surprised at all if i need something different to fit my needs but the T1 is working for me.

-John

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - my needs have changed, too. My first two trucks had things in the bed for multiple days that needed to be fairly well-secured. With this truck, I just don't do that, so a soft cover will be fine. Also, I don't really want to spend the money and have something semi-permanently attached (like the BAK covers I've previously used). The T3 says it's quicker to install/remove, so that's a plus.

I would plan to remove it for snow storms, even though I usually just put my snow thrower in a hitch-mounted carrier. The extra weight in the bed can't hurt, either.

-John

JCLAWS1988

Reaction score
Jclaws- Did they send you a replacement clamp and if so, did it help with that corner?
Ok so I feel really dumb but there was nothing wrong with the clamps at all. There was no Instructions on this step, but I finally figured it out. Once you install the cover straight, the clamps are adjustable by rotating the whole clamp clockwise or counter clockwise. So no matter the difference the sizing of your bed is, it will adjust securely. Definetly buy this cover without hesitation.

jlau76

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my cover on for a few days now and pretty happy with it so far. But when driving with it, it seems to somewhat flap in the wind (I hope I am saying it correctly). I've placed the tension thing to the last line already to see if there is a difference, but still flaps a little. Is that normal for these rollup covers?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my cover on for a few days now and pretty happy with it so far. But when driving with it, it seems to somewhat flap in the wind (I hope I am saying it correctly). I've placed the tension thing to the last line already to see if there is a difference, but still flaps a little. Is that normal for these rollup covers?
Yes, mine flaps as well. It's pretty normal for most roll up covers.

gisboro

Reaction score
I had the T3 on my old 2009 and also got one for the new truck. The one I had on the '09 was on there for 3 plus years and it held up really well. No, cracks, tares or loosening issues. I didn't give it a second thought when purchasing a new one for the new truck and I expect it to holdup just as well.

Gozar

Reaction score
Got my Tyger T3 from Amazon delivered today, enough of you (and others) seem to like it so at the price it was too hard to pass up.
Pictures later....

freerider969

Reaction score
I just installed this Tonneau cover and I really like it. I'll do some trial runs on the waterproof but as far as the fitment I like it. It's non permanent with the clamps. And I got it for $189.00!! So I'm happy with it.
Wow where did you get yours for $189? Is it the T3 or T1 from Tyger

freerider969

Reaction score
So, after reading all the comments I went ahead and picked up the Tyger T1 and I am very please! I went on my 2019 Ram Rebel crew cab.

Users who are viewing this thread