5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning radius? Can this be improved with wheel offset or it is what it is?

3corner

Reaction score
So you’re comparing a compact truck’s turning radius with a much bigger RAM 1500? :rolleyes:
Of course you can't compare a midsize truck to a full size truck. I'm only stating the learning curve I'm dealing with. My Tacoma was a 6.1 ft long bed, I assumed it wouldnt be much different. As for scratching my rim, I should of went with the 20s so i would have more meat on the tires so I wouldn't scratch it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like Doc Hudson said on CARS, Sometimes you have to turn left to go right.

My crew cab 8' bed 2500 has made quite a few Uturns, thanks to trying to find parking at Virginia beach on 4th of July, and I nailed it everytime. Just got to whip right a little before you go left and use as much of the road as you can.

That wasn't fun at all, was like coyotes circling rabbits...never thought there would be no available parking, especially at 50 to 100 bucks to park in a lot.

Snowy roads, a V10 and a 5speed, I could spin that 99 Dodge right around a dime. Traction control nannies make that a bit harder now adays.

Good times.

Reaction score
I am coming from a 2015 Ram 2500 4 door 6.5 ft bed and the turning radius on my 2022 ram 4 dorm 5.5 bed is the worst I have ever had. My diesel could turn circles around this truck and it was bigger and longer. The only way to adjust turn radius is adjust or grind the a arm turn stops if the rack will even allow that.

Ram12375

Reaction score
Love my ram,but coming from a tundra and driving my buddies chevy trail boss there is no way in hell my ram turns as sharp as the tundra or trail boss no matter what the technical specs say. One boat ramp we use I can't turn around on the ramp anymore like I've done hundreds of time with the other two. All that said my next vehicle will be another ram.

John Jensen

Reaction score
On my 2006 Ford F350 6.0 you could cut off some of the wheel stop to reduce the turning radius.
On my 2020 Ram 3500 HO you can do the same. It has 4 wheel stops. Ensure you leave 1/4" clearance between the suspension and the back side of the Caliper. If you cut too much you can weld some bead back on.

keisur

Reaction score
Look at the wheelbase.
2019 Suburban: 130"
2019 RAM 1500 Crew Cab: 144.5 - 153.5"

You're looking at over a foot more in the smallest bed size (unless you've got a quad cab).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2013 F150 had a wheelbase of 144.5in, my 2020 RAM 1500 has a wheelbase of 140.7in. The RAM has a terribly huge turn radius, have to do a 3-pointer in almost every drive through. Has nothing to do with it. It's a steering rack limitation or stops that are limiting it.

Users who are viewing this thread