5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning off the headlights

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK, thank you. I'll look into alfaObd. I have another 2 months or so to get it figured out before open water season.
I had no idea the Canada models kept the lights on even when turning the headlight knob all the way off until I was running into the store the other night. Left my buddy in the truck with it running and couldn't get them to go dark with the truck on!
Canada requires DRL, and Ram has to remove then option to disable them through settings menu on radio. You just need to change your country of origin to US, IIRC and you will then have option to turn off DRL in radio settings.

devmcc

Reaction score
Thanks, I am in the U.S., and it is the main headlights, and I will have to poke through screen options. It would just be nice if I could turn off the main headlights when pulling in to a a location with lots of people at night so I don't blind everyone, since the headlights are bright.
Were you able to figure this out? I'm new to a 2020 1500 Bighorn and my low beams are on 100% of the time, regardless of the position of the dial. I don't see any settings on the Uconnect display that would allow me to disable daytime running lights.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Were you able to figure this out? I'm new to a 2020 1500 Bighorn and my low beams are on 100% of the time, regardless of the position of the dial. I don't see any settings on the Uconnect display that would allow me to disable daytime running lights.
Assuming this isn't a Canadian truck, you should have a "Lights" menu in your UConnect4 settings.

1679341739047.png

Users who are viewing this thread