5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning lights off

LouNY

Reaction score
OK, feeling a bit dumb here. Went to a drive thru Christmas light show. How in the heck do we turn all the lights off on these damned trucks, 2019 1500 Laramie. Tried everything I could think off even played with that damned electric park brake. It turned them off for a second, then right back on.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rotate the headlight switch to the off position which looks like a "O". If you have daytime running lights you might not be able to turn them all the way off.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And to disable the daytime running lights, you’ll have to change the setting Uconnect.

Here are the settings on Uconnect5 - not sure if it’s the same on yours (Uconnect4).

1702778898214.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t think you can disable the signature lighting

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think you can disable the signature lighting
You can with alfaObd or the TazerDT. alfaObd would be all the time TazerDT would only be temporary with dark mode enabled

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious what manual you're looking at. The one I referenced above is directly from the Mopar site, and is for the 2019 model year. Here's a link:

There have been many, many revisions. I’m pretty confident my printed manual (requested from Mopar after purchase) doesn’t match the digital manual from that time, let alone the digital version available now.

Even so…any PDF is searchable!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There have been many, many revisions. I’m pretty confident my printed manual (requested from Mopar after purchase) doesn’t match the digital manual from that time, let alone the digital version available now.

Even so…any PDF is searchable!
That, and the physical manual in glovebox is easily referenced and has this thing in the back called an index that will tell you exactly where to look for the information

zezrum

Reaction score
I’m assuming the question here is how to turn off the accent/signature lighting and not the actual headlights?

At least for me, I haven’t been able to figure that out either.

Daytime running lights (DRL) on my 2024 1500 Limited are just the headlights. I can enable/disable DRL in the vehicle settings menu.

In my experience, turning the light switch to off doesn’t turn off the accent/signature lighting.

In my 2022 Grand Jeep Cherokee I can turn off the accent lighting in the vehicle settings menu. That option does not exist on my RAM.

The best I’ve found for those Christmas lights drive throughs is to turn on the parking lights, which for me turns off the accent lights and gives off less light than having the lights switched completely off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m assuming the question here is how to turn off the accent/signature lighting and not the actual headlights?

At least for me, I haven’t been able to figure that out either.

Daytime running lights (DRL) on my 2024 1500 Limited are just the headlights. I can enable/disable DRL in the vehicle settings menu.

In my experience, turning the light switch to off doesn’t turn off the accent/signature lighting.

In my 2022 Grand Jeep Cherokee I can turn off the accent lighting in the vehicle settings menu. That option does not exist on my RAM.

The best I’ve found for those Christmas lights drive throughs is to turn on the parking lights, which for me turns off the accent lights and gives off less light than having the lights switched completely off.
You can disable the signature lighting using alfaObd

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For your information I have looked through the paper one in my truck today, and also searched the PDF one on my computer.
Damned smart mouth little ****
Try page 68 and 601. These are out of the 2019 ow ers manual I found online. it's definitely in the owners manual
Screenshot_20231217-185833.png Screenshot_20231217-185919.png

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Oh, to turn the lights off you have to slide the visor out!! Who woulda guessed it. 😉

SgtKinsey

Reaction score
Oh, to turn the lights off you have to slide the visor out!! Who woulda guessed it. 😉
Weird. I’ll try it today. Last night to turn off my 24 limited 3500 signature lights I set the parking break when stopped then turned the lights to off and it worked. But I’m not gonna drive down the road with the parking break on not even a little bit. Doesn’t seem right.

Users who are viewing this thread