5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn signals as DRLs

soSincerious

Reaction score
This is popular on the 4th gens, has someone been able to crack the code for the 5ths?

Tried searching, but this site isn't filtering correctly, so I apologize if this has been discussed.

popcenator

Reaction score
You mean just the turn signals on and nothing else? You can do that with AlfaOBD as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lasfit Switchback LEDs work perfectly for what you describe. White light from one filament and amber for the turn signals. I believe Alla makes them as well.

Just stay away from Underground Lighting.

Last edited:

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Lasfit Switchback LEDs work perfectly for what you describe. White light from one filament and amber for the turn signals. I believe Alla makes them as well.

Just stay away from Underground Lighting.
I tried this with switchbacks and alphaobd. They stay lit up amber though not white. There's no setting that says park lamps, which is probably what is needed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Lasfit are white and only the amber filament lights up when the turn signal is on...

soSincerious

Reaction score
I should probably mention that I have the Premium LED Lighting package ...

I assume the first 2 replies still apply. I'll look into both.

Thanks!

popcenator

Reaction score
If this is what you're looking at doing, AlfaOBD can do that and a lot of other things. It's a pretty handy application to have.
0d4bff7a1ae08f81196998be1d5b9b80.jpg

soSincerious

Reaction score
yes, that's it! I would love the "accent lights" to be as bright as DRLs, but apparently the engineers decided to have them serve a different purpose. I wish it was as easy as cranking up the juice, but I guess that's not possible without swapping out the LED units entirely. I'm fairly handy, and have worked on cars as a career for an 8 year stretch ... but I'm just not feelin the idea of cracking open the headlights ...

good stuff guys, thanks

Last edited:

popcenator

Reaction score
yes, that's it! I would love the "accent lights" to be as bright as DRLs, but apparently the engineers decided to have them serve a different purpose. I wish it was as easy as cranking up the juice, but I guess that's not possible without swapping out the LED units entirely. I'm fairly handy, and have worked on cars as a career for an 8 year stretch ... but I'm just not feelin the idea of cracking open the headlights ...

good stuff guys, thanks
I turned the accent lights off completely while the DRLs (turn signals) are on. I think it's a much better look than having the accent and turn signals on at the same time.

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
I turned the accent lights off completely while the DRLs (turn signals) are on. I think it's a much better look than having the accent and turn signals on at the same time.

You have a photo of your setup? Interested in doing this as well

Users who are viewing this thread