5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn signal bulb light LED

mg0706

Reaction score
Hello guys. Im wondering if it is possible to change the bulb for the turn signal in the headlight and the tail, to led bulb. If so, can somebody tell me what size of bulb led i have to buy? Or if you guys recommend a brand.

Thank you :)

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could look up the bulb numbers on the Ram trims that have the led's and replace yours with them.

mg0706

Reaction score
I have big horn crew cab with normal headlights and tail (not led)

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have big horn crew cab with normal headlights and tail (not led)

They are listed in the owners manual. Need canbus compatible or add resistors. There is another thread on headlight replacement that has good info.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread...my manual says 3157 bulbs for rear turn signals. Got my canbus capatible amber 3157 LED's delivered they didn't fit. A smaller bulb was required for the socket. Manual misprint?

Neglakayo

Reaction score
Hello guys. Im wondering if it is possible to change the bulb for the turn signal in the headlight and the tail, to led bulb. If so, can somebody tell me what size of bulb led i have to buy? Or if you guys recommend a brand.

Hi, Did you ever change the rear signal light bulbs to LED, and if so which ones did you go with. Can you post a link?

Neglakayo

Reaction score

Hi, Did you ever change the rear signal light bulbs to LED, and if so which ones did you go with. Can you post a link?

Neglakayo

Reaction score

SB89

Reaction score

Neglakayo

Reaction score

SB89

Reaction score
Unfortunately, these bulbs are for the reverse and tail lights and not the rear signal lights. The sockets are round and the bulbs smaller for the rear signal lights.
Hmm, weird. I have yet to replace my rear turn bulb but that's weird. Manual has the bulb listed as 3157K but must be a different/new socket?

SB89

Reaction score
Last edited:

SB89

Reaction score
This is the message I got from a Mopar customer service rep: "I do have the bulb listed as 7440/W21W, however where it does differ from the owner manual I would highly recommend confirming with your dealer parts department."

SB89

Reaction score
This is the message I got from a Mopar customer service rep: "I do have the bulb listed as 7440/W21W, however where it does differ from the owner manual I would highly recommend confirming with your dealer parts department."
Got confirmation that the Mopar OEM parts # is L0PWY24WSV but still no info on what kind of bulb it actually is. And the Mopar cust. service agent said they don't sell LED bulbs.

https://www.moparwarehousedirect.com/oem-parts/mopar-signal-lamp-bulb-l0pwy24wsv

SB89

Reaction score

Rick8325

Reaction score
FWIW, I’ve been in touch with LASFIT as well and (at least for the switchback turn signal) the bulb is a 7443 with a CK socket for the front turn signals. Mine should be arriving today as well. Guess we’ll find out!
Thankfully returns to Amazon are a non-issue and popping those front turn signal bulbs are the easiest of any car ever made. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread