5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off eyebrow lights?

dkehler

Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 DT. How can I shut off the ( eyebrow ) lights with the key on and in park. Or increase / disable the ignition time out. I want to have the ignition on to listen to the radio at the drive in with no lights.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go into the settings on your radio. There should be a tab labeled "lights". IIRC the LED strip (which I assume are the eyebrows) turns off with the daytime running lights.

As for the delayed off. That should be under the same tab but if not check the convenience tab.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
You can use AlfaOBD to disable the signature lighting (what you’re calling “eyebrows”) so that they do not come on with ignition in the run position, engine off or on. They will still function normally as parking lights when your headlights are on. I used AlfaOBD to disable the signature lighting and change the DRL location to the amber turn signals. This is what mine looks like with the engine running and headlight switch in the off position.

a9f41b651ccdf9bbd7c61d534c9340f6.jpg

I can control the DRL’s through the radio if I want to go completely dark while driving. The DRL’s only come on with the engine running, so it is completely dark with engine off, ignition in run.

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the need for the programmer unless you want to switch to the amber lights instead of white as posted above. I turned my DRL's off in the settings menu, and it's completely dark with the engine running and headlight switch turned to off.
I figured this out when I was parked facing store at night waiting for my wife to come out. I was trying no to blind everyone inside (glass store front) so I turned my lights off. DRL's activated and still lit the place up. I turned those off and it was dark.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question or response, but I don't think you need any special tools.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They are talking about the white eye brows. they arent your LEDs they are accent lighting and they are always on when the trucks running.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the need for the programmer unless you want to switch to the amber lights instead of white as posted above. I turned my DRL's off in the settings menu, and it's completely dark with the engine running and headlight switch turned to off.
I figured this out when I was parked facing store at night waiting for my wife to come out. I was trying no to blind everyone inside (glass store front) so I turned my lights off. DRL's activated and still lit the place up. I turned those off and it was dark.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question or response, but I don't think you need any special tools.

You may want to check again. From the factory, the accent (signature) lighting strips are on at all times when the ignition is in run, whether the engine is running or not. The low beams are configured as the DRL’s and can be turned on/off through the radio. The accent lights are fairly dim, so it’s easy to overlook them. They dim even more when they convert to parking lights after the headlights are turned on.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are not able to turn off with any settings available from the Factory. Referring to the Longhorn / Limited LED white 'Halo' lights.

Wish I could make them only be Amber, but I don't believe that is possible for both the top & bottom even with aftermarket programmers.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Mine are not able to turn off with any settings available from the Factory. Referring to the Longhorn / Limited LED white 'Halo' lights.

Wish I could make them only be Amber, but I don't believe that is possible for both the top & bottom even with aftermarket programmers.

Correct. Since the top accent strips on the projector LED’s also function as the turn signals, only the top strips would function as DRL’s if you set the DRL location to the turn signals. You could still disable the signature lighting and then only the top strip would light up (amber).

n8zcc

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a setting in AlfaOBD that will allow the brightness of the signature lighting (what some call the “eyebrows”) to be adjusted?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a setting in AlfaOBD that will allow the brightness of the signature lighting (what some call the “eyebrows”) to be adjusted?

There’s not for the signature lighting but there are voltage targets and regulations you can adjust for the lows, highs and DRL’s.

f28f1a4edb41c7ae0ee620b36d4dba29.jpg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You may want to check again. From the factory, the accent (signature) lighting strips are on at all times when the ignition is in run, whether the engine is running or not. The low beams are configured as the DRL’s and can be turned on/off through the radio. The accent lights are fairly dim, so it’s easy to overlook them. They dim even more when they convert to parking lights after the headlights are turned on.
Interesting. Guess I'll have to get out and look next time I drive it.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 Ram 1500 DT. How can I shut off the ( eyebrow ) lights with the key on and in park. Or increase / disable the ignition time out. I want to have the ignition on to listen to the radio at the drive in with no lights.
Where are you located ? In Canada there is no way of turning any of the lighting off through the radio .

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You can reprogram to turn them completely off and switch your DRL location to your turn signals...that'll give you the bright ambers are DRLs and they are on at 100%. That's how I have mine setup. I love the look.

mixedcreation

Reaction score
There’s not for the signature lighting but there are voltage targets and regulations you can adjust for the lows, highs and DRL’s.

f28f1a4edb41c7ae0ee620b36d4dba29.jpg
I apologize, but I can’t find signature light under : CBC External.Light.Calibr.

I read on other topics on AlphaOBD and still not sure why I can find this option.

By the way I have a 2019 Big Horn lvl2 Night edition.

bradfojd2

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and have the same issue. There is no way to turn off the "eyebrow" lights when the truck is on, whether the engine is running or not. This causes issues at the drive in as I have the lights on when my radio is on to hear the movie. No options in the radio nor switches on the dash board can turn off the lights. Are there any easy modification to the truck that can resolve this?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and have the same issue. There is no way to turn off the "eyebrow" lights when the truck is on, whether the engine is running or not. This causes issues at the drive in as I have the lights on when my radio is on to hear the movie. No options in the radio nor switches on the dash board can turn off the lights. Are there any easy modification to the truck that can resolve this?

Refer to post #3 earlier in the thread. AlfaOBD will allow you to turn off the signature lighting.

You can use AlfaOBD to disable the signature lighting (what you’re calling “eyebrows”) so that they do not come on with ignition in the run position, engine off or on. They will still function normally as parking lights when your headlights are on. I used AlfaOBD to disable the signature lighting and change the DRL location to the amber turn signals. This is what mine looks like with the engine running and headlight switch in the off position.

I can control the DRL’s through the radio if I want to go completely dark while driving. The DRL’s only come on with the engine running, so it is completely dark with engine off, ignition in run.

Last edited:

22MurderRam

Reaction score

I recently bought a ‘22 Ram 1500 Limited and I also want to be able to have all my lights shut off while the vehicle is running. How do I get to the setting on AlfaOBD to have the eyebrow lights shut off while the vehicle is running?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
I recently bought a ‘22 Ram 1500 Limited and I also want to be able to have all my lights shut off while the vehicle is running. How do I get to the setting on AlfaOBD to have the eyebrow lights shut off while the vehicle is running?
You’ll find the setting under -
CBC Extern.Light Calibr.:
Signature Light Present: No

Users who are viewing this thread