5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turbo 6 Cylinder… true?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
YES

Ugh. Here we go again.

The straight 6 tornado engine was to debut many years ago. Then it was to debut with the 5th Gen RAM. then the Wagoneer.

It has been coming for years.

But it must be slow news time as everyone keeps regurgitating the same story.

With the clickbait of. No more Hemi

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

From November of 2019,

Atleast the article from TFL goes onto say it is going into production.

The other rags keep acting like this is the end of the world and new news.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TFL article says GMET6 is already in production as of 11/22, and it's also listed on Stellantis' own media site now so that is new news.

Now we wait to get official specs and wait again for it to actually show up in vehicles.

billyraff

Reaction score
Yes it is true, just waiting on specs and what it will have with it.. ebooster? Etorque? Twin turbos? Or just a pure inline 6 turbo. Who knows exactly.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All that money spent on R&D, and it will still get bad mpg. I guess this is a way to pretend to be eco-friendly and avoid a gas guzzler tax?

DaveM111

Reaction score
All that money spent on R&D, and it will still get bad mpg. I guess this is a way to pretend to be eco-friendly and avoid a gas guzzler tax?
It'll probably have obnoxious driveline vibrations, too, that are "characteristic of the vehicle."

Runagun

Reaction score
Yes it is true, just waiting on specs and what it will have with it.. ebooster? Etorque? Twin turbos? Or just a pure inline 6 turbo. Who knows exactly.
Ebooster seems like it will be electronic turbo charger. Will have virtually no lag. Sign me up for the plug in version

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s really cool if it ends up being reliable. Not much to go wrong with a vacuum cleaner.
There are a few euro brands that use electric compressors (Audi and Volvo come to mind). They are really well suited to the 48V mild hybrid systems.....like the etorque system. I'd imagine any implementation by Stellantis will be an evolution of the etorque battery/generator combo.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread