5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuners for the hemi

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
It's either the 91 or 93 octane fuel tune I forget which, but yes it's the most aggressive tune.
No idea what the throttle boost actually does doesn't seem to make a difference.
MDS off is good, and the disable start-stop is inconsistent.

You can also change the speed limiter in the parameters section too. You can't remove it but can set to 190 so may as well be gone. Aint going 190 in a Ram.
Yea honestly I feel like my pedal commander gave me more pedal boost. I just don’t know if I can run both together or not.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea honestly I feel like my pedal commander gave me more pedal boost. I just don’t know if I can run both together or not.
You can as the pedal commander has zero effect in the tune.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's either the 91 or 93 octane fuel tune I forget which, but yes it's the most aggressive tune.
No idea what the throttle boost actually does doesn't seem to make a difference.
MDS off is good, and the disable start-stop is inconsistent.

You can also change the speed limiter in the parameters section too. You can't remove it but can set to 190 so may as well be gone. Aint going 190 in a Ram.
I'm sure Diablo has adjusted their tunes over the years, but on the early LX tunes(Charger/Magnum/300) the 93 tune was overly aggressive and caused spark knock, which resulted in timing retard. Especially if you used the CAI tune.

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
Thanks guys, before I got back on here to check for a response I have it a go. Just did the Diablo tune with throttle boost set to 0% and ran the pedal commander. MUCH better response and performance. Feels like a real animal now, very pleased with it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, before I got back on here to check for a response I have it a go. Just did the Diablo tune with throttle boost set to 0% and ran the pedal commander. MUCH better response and performance. Feels like a real animal now, very pleased with it.
Throttle boost on the Diablo does the same thing as the pedal commander. Others commenting were talking about custom tunes.

Dgonz0289

Reaction score
Throttle boost on the Diablo does the same thing as the pedal commander. Others commenting were talking about custom tunes.
Naw man… I had been running the pedal commander for a long time. Received my Diablo Tuner with unlocked PCM and did the PCM and TCM tune and used their “throttle boost” feature and cranked it to 20%. Nowhere near the same response as I had with the pedal commander. Now I set the throttle boost to 0% and put the PC back on and absolute hell of a difference. MUCH better.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Naw man… I had been running the pedal commander for a long time. Received my Diablo Tuner with unlocked PCM and did the PCM and TCM tune and used their “throttle boost” feature and cranked it to 20%. Nowhere near the same response as I had with the pedal commander. Now I set the throttle boost to 0% and put the PC back on and absolute hell of a difference. MUCH better.
I second Dgonz. The 20% throttle boost on the Diablo does almost nothing.
The Sprint Booster or Pedal Commander makes a much bigger difference, with the Pedal Commander being more

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I second Dgonz. The 20% throttle boost on the Diablo does almost nothing.
The Sprint Booster or Pedal Commander makes a much bigger difference, with the Pedal Commander being more
Maybe it's the way it works on the Ram. When I had a Diablo Predator for my 2005 Magnum, and my 2008 Charger the throttle boost made a huge difference. And you could go higher than 20%

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the way it works on the Ram. When I had a Diablo Predator for my 2005 Magnum, and my 2008 Charger the throttle boost made a huge difference. And you could go higher than 20%
On the Ram it only lets you go 0 to 20%. Not sure what 20% is even suppose to do, feels like nothing.
Might be that it doesn't actually work at all on Ram

Users who are viewing this thread