5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuner?

Vabeso

Reaction score
I've been having a horrible time researching what the best fit for a performance tuner for my 2015 5.7 Hemi would be.

I can't seem to find out whether or not it's absolutely necessary to swap out the PCM for an unlocked one. Hopefully, there are tuners out there that don't require a swap.

I've read up about the EDGE Pulsar module but personally, I'm looking for a handheld or dash device that I can use to monitor the system and adjust things that way.

The EDGE uses the up and down buttons on your steering wheel to adjust power levels and also has the added annoyance of having to remove the module every time you go to the dealership. So that type of performance system doesn't fit my needs.

What do you guys/girls think? Any advice or suggestions??

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
An unlocked PCM is necessary for tuning. Some people drop the coin and just buy an unlocked PCM for a $1000. If you send out your current PCM it's about $500. The annoyance of removing the module goes a bit deeper as the truck keeps a log everytime you unplug the PCM, potentially raising the "you're up the creek" flag at the dealership

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Good to know

I got AFE shorties and Y-pipe in my garage and am told I need to tune it for gains. I'm just hoping they don't deep dive and I can uninstall the tune for dealer visits

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been having a horrible time researching what the best fit for a performance tuner for my 2015 5.7 Hemi would be.

I can't seem to find out whether or not it's absolutely necessary to swap out the PCM for an unlocked one. Hopefully, there are tuners out there that don't require a swap.

I've read up about the EDGE Pulsar module but personally, I'm looking for a handheld or dash device that I can use to monitor the system and adjust things that way.

The EDGE uses the up and down buttons on your steering wheel to adjust power levels and also has the added annoyance of having to remove the module every time you go to the dealership. So that type of performance system doesn't fit my needs.

What do you guys/girls think? Any advice or suggestions??
All real tuners will require an unlocked PCM.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
All actual tuners will require an unlocked ECM. There are some piggyback "tuners" that modify the signal going to the locked ECM. No doubt there is less options with that setup.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Good to know

I got AFE shorties and Y-pipe in my garage and am told I need to tune it for gains. I'm just hoping they don't deep dive and I can uninstall the tune for dealer visits
Not to be pessimistic but they’ll 100% be able to see that you’ve tuned it. Each time you swap PCMs it will flag it.

Users who are viewing this thread