5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuner on 5.7

Reaction score
What progammer are yall running on the 5.7 hemi. I have a afe cold air an a pedal commander so far. But now looking into a tuner

David525

Reaction score
I’m also running the diablosport t2. The canned tunes are good but for the best results get a custom tune. I went with hemifever tuning for my custom tune.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Is there any info on estimate power increase or MPG changes?

As well, new to this tuner, does it have to stay plugged in to be used while driving? Looks like it mounts somewhere and I like the OBD2 tunes instead of the piggyback type of tunes personally.

David525

Reaction score
As far as power increase I can not tell you how much, it will depend on what tune you run and if any other mods are done. Mpg I did notice about 1 to 1-1/2 mpg increase once I stopped mashing the pedal to the floor and started driving normal. The tuner does not need to stay plugged in. Once the tune is in the PCM it’s there until you manually program it to a different tune or back to the stock tune.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for the above. Make sense... seems to work like the other handhelds I've used. I just find it interesting that they dont give numbers for their tunes like other tuners to. However realistic or unrealistic they are :)

fire_mike

Reaction score
These trucks need to have an unlocked PCM in order to tune, right? I’d love to tune mine, but I’m not sure I want to eff up the warranty by messing with the PCM.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need an unlocked PCM, bypass module and a diablosport t2 or i3.
I bought an unlocked PCM (kept my stock one), bypass module and diablo i3 directly from diablosport. Installed everything and then had Jay Greene do a custom pcm/tcm tune for me.
The truck is much more responsive, better gas mileage and the trans shifts ATON better.

Mtbgordon

Reaction score
I bought an unlocked PCM (kept my stock one), bypass module and diablo i3 directly from diablosport. Installed everything and then had Jay Greene do a custom pcm/tcm tune for me.
The truck is much more responsive, better gas mileage and the trans shifts ATON better.
Does the security bypass have to remain in even after you complete the PCM swap?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No it’s just for programming. If truck doesn’t recognize tool that plugged in it won’t let you through

Joekid

Reaction score
Does it eliminate the top speed Limiter ? My Ram cuts off at 110 or 114 mph

Joekid

Reaction score
Does it eliminate the top speed Limiter ? My Ram cuts off at 110 or 114 mph

FishOn

Reaction score
Edge Pulsar is plug and play, no PCM swap/flash. They claim 30HP/30ft lbs of torque on 93... All I know is it's freaking FUN to blast around in Performance mode. Makes a huge difference with the 93 also. Then when the wife wants to drive it, you can toggle through the modes with the cruise control buttons back to stock.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you referring to just a can tune from diablo. Or that you have that already, just not a custom tune?
Either way, if your ecm is stock. Your speedo is off due to tires/wheels.
Answer is yes, diablo only or custom tune will remove it. after some mods/tuning/traction 110 is there in no time.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Edge Pulsar is plug and play, no PCM swap/flash. They claim 30HP/30ft lbs of torque on 93... All I know is it's freaking FUN to blast around in Performance mode. Makes a huge difference with the 93 also. Then when the wife wants to drive it, you can toggle through the modes with the cruise control buttons back to stock.
Being able to switch through the modes with the steering wheel controls while driving is pretty neat. I've never had another tuner with this ability.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only thing about pulsar is the inconsistency of it. At least from last 2 years, idk if it was a 2019 model thing. Seemed more had issue then not. For the right price, I wouldn’t mind trying it just to get me by. Peeps that have it with no issues say it’s solid and night and day on 93.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Only thing about pulsar is the inconsistency of it. At least from last 2 years, idk if it was a 2019 model thing. Seemed more had issue then not. For the right price, I wouldn’t mind trying it just to get me by. Peeps that have it with no issues say it’s solid and night and day on 93.
Picked up my Pulsar here used from a member who had it for 19,000 trouble-free miles. @FishOn gave me some advice too as I was concerned about actual performance gains and reliability. To me, a used one was worth the gamble. Since I was already running an intake, TB, and a throttle controller, I wouldn't call it a "night and day" difference in my case. But it's noticeable in the shift points and throttle response. I actually had to turn down my throttle controller quite a bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread