5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune-should I do it 2022 Laramie GT

Cda3488

Reaction score
Just bought my 2022 Laramie GT and would like more pep. Should I put a tune on it? Scared about the warranty. What’s y’all’s thoughts?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there a tune available?

I'm not sure how much you'd gain without supporting mods like headers, intake, etc. But might be fun to try.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
if your looking for throttle response then try Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster or Banks Pedal Monster. That be all you need and be easily removed to not void any warranty.

Cda3488

Reaction score
if your looking for throttle response then try Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster or Banks Pedal Monster. That be all you need and be easily removed to not void any warranty.
I have JMS pedal max and it is amazing! I’m thinking about more hours not throttle response.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Is there a tune available?

I'm not sure how much you'd gain without supporting mods like headers, intake, etc. But might be fun to try.
Yes they do it’s the mod that goes in between the plugs and your pcm. They claim 30hp and it could be removed to take to dealer but dealer said Ram can still see the modifications in the code even if you don’t have it on at the time of the repair. So if the engine is blown Ram won’t pay cause I promise they will look at your coding on your truck. Not sure what to do.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If you’re worried about warranty. The only thing you can do is wait till it’s out of warranty to mod it further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
I would never f-up my warranty with something affecting my truck's computer codes, which is how a "tune" works, and which will be visible to the dealer as you having done something unauthorized thereby voiding the warranty.

But if you have money enough to throw away your current truck and buy a new one, go for it.

Dave

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd also wait until the warranty is up. I'm not doing anything because I got a 100k mile full vehicle extended warranty. I'd hate to have that thrown out the window for a tune.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Just bought my 2022 Laramie GT and would like more pep. Should I put a tune on it? Scared about the warranty. What’s y’all’s thoughts?
Depending how deep your pockets are, you could put in a alt pcm and keep your factory one in the closet.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
It still knows when it’s unplugged.

Diablo also sells pcms

MrDazana

Reaction score
Diablo has only minimal support via pulsar, but still no PCM tuning. The good news is something is comming soon for PCM tuning.stay tuned here

As for warranty, My last ram had 2 PCMs. When I would go to the dealer i would swap. They never knew i had a tune. I ran the hemifever at the end. If you do go that route, just remeber to disconnect the battery before swapping.

Last edited:

Cda3488

Reaction score
I'd also wait until the warranty is up. I'm not doing anything because I got a 100k mile full vehicle extended warranty. I'd hate to have that thrown out the window for a tune.
After your factory 36k warranty is out you can put a tune. Just take it off before you go in for warranty work, extended that is. They can’t see your codes like the factory warranty can.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
The tune affects your power train warranty not the b2b.

Which’s last a lot longer than 36k

Users who are viewing this thread