5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tune-should I do it 2022 Laramie GT

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not Ram specific but still relevant. The code also gets stored in the BCM if I remember correctly. I've read that some tuners know how to get around this but YMMV.

P1400-AFTERMARKET CALIBRATION DETECTED/WARRANTY COVERAGE CONFIRMATION REQUIRED

When Monitored and Set
Conditions When Monitored: This diagnostic runs continuously when the following conditions are met:
With the ignition on.
Battery voltage greater than 10.0 volts.

Set Conditions:
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software is unauthorized and does not meet factory OEM specifications.
An authorized Mopar or Scat Pak Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has been installed.

Default Actions:
This is a non MIL fault.

POSSIBLE CAUSES:
PCM HAS BEEN PROGRAMMED WITH UNAUTHORIZED OR AFTERMARKET SOFTWARE
AN AUTHORIZED MOPAR OR SCAT PAK POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) HAS BEEN INSTALLED

Diagnostic Test
DETERMINE IF THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) OR SOFTWARE IS FACTORY AUTHORIZED

LiveWire

Reaction score
I broke down and bought the pulsar/trinity combo earlier today. Mostly to get rid of mds, and from what I can find its the only thing that can on a 2022.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I broke down and bought the pulsar/trinity combo earlier today. Mostly to get rid of mds, and from what I can find its the only thing that can on a 2022.
Look forward to your thoughts on it.

BlackRam_UK

Reaction score
I fitted mine 2 days ago. 2022 Laramie. Works great for performance but it immediately stopped my parking sensors from working. Still waiting for a response from DiableSport support. I'm in the UK so shipping was hard and I had to pay import duty and taxes etc. Hope they don't have to send a swap out!
It's a big truck to drive in the UK without sensors. Much bigger than the little parking spaces!
Let me know if yours works without throwing any issues.

LiveWire

Reaction score
I fitted mine 2 days ago. 2022 Laramie. Works great for performance but it immediately stopped my parking sensors from working. Still waiting for a response from DiableSport support. I'm in the UK so shipping was hard and I had to pay import duty and taxes etc. Hope they don't have to send a swap out!
It's a big truck to drive in the UK without sensors. Much bigger than the little parking spaces!
Should be here in the next 4-6hrs. That would suck. Id just send it back probably. Ill definitely let you know asap.

LiveWire

Reaction score
I havent went out driving yet, but the parking sensors seem fine so far. Wish I would have realized the trinity is just a viewer, you cant change any of the settings with it. Still uses steering wheel button, that was a waste of money for me

LiveWire

Reaction score
So initial opinion. Its storming out, so I couldn't lay into to it hard. Does feel more "peppy" but that could be nothing more then throttle response. MDS being gone is a big big plus for me. The directions even say the eco light will still show when disabled. But mine doesn't. Really only disappointment is buying the trinity screen as stated above, its nothing but a "viewer" according to tech support. So all setup still goes through the cruise control settings. It does pop up on my dash "performance,stock,etc" so maybe not a big deal. With this being said, i could recommend the pulsar to buy, buy dont buy the triniity kit, unless you just want eye candy mounted to your windshield. The tech guy also told me they never update software for performance. Software is only updated to add newest vehicles.

EDIT: Was out driving around, it really does seem to make a nice difference. And also tech support was wrong, you can use the monitor to change power levels, tire size,etc. Though changing power levels without the trinity is quite easy on the fly.
Quite happy with the purchase now.

Last edited:

LiveWire

Reaction score
So today I had a check engine code pop up, so I used the trinity to clear code, which never came back. BUT now my parking sensors dont work. Did you get any kind of answer?

LiveWire

Reaction score
So today I had a check engine code pop up, so I used the trinity to clear code, which never came back. BUT now my parking sensors dont work. Did you get any kind of answer?
Also, I just saw on there reviews, that readylift said this happens when tire sizes are changed, putting it back to stock will fix it, until they come up with a fix. I actually did just do this 3 days ago, maybe I didnt notice the sensors had stopped working then.
Edit: I did check with some other resources, rough country has a speedo calibration tool also. All of them disable park assist if equipped on 20+.

Last edited:

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Yes they do it’s the mod that goes in between the plugs and your pcm. They claim 30hp and it could be removed to take to dealer but dealer said Ram can still see the modifications in the code even if you don’t have it on at the time of the repair. So if the engine is blown Ram won’t pay cause I promise they will look at your coding on your truck. Not sure what to do.

This would be 100% correct

bstovall34

Reaction score
Just bought my 2022 Laramie GT and would like more pep. Should I put a tune on it? Scared about the warranty. What’s y’all’s thoughts?
Don't do it. RAM trucks are notorious for having engine and transmission issues. If you super tune, it'll void your warranty.

IndyJ

Reaction score
Also, I just saw on there reviews, that readylift said this happens when tire sizes are changed, putting it back to stock will fix it, until they come up with a fix. I actually did just do this 3 days ago, maybe I didnt notice the sensors had stopped working then.
Edit: I did check with some other resources, rough country has a speedo calibration tool also. All of them disable park assist if equipped on 20+.
Curious if you still hand and use this? I have a GT as well. Love the truck, but hate the MDS and the initial throttle lag. Did it help with the lag?

Users who are viewing this thread