5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TT GAWR

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why do most TT GAWR not support their GVWR? Because your supposed to us a WDH and the weight will be distributed between the TV and trailer?

For example a few of the TT’s I am looking at have a GVWR over 7500 lbs and have a GAWR of 3500 per axle.

This just seems stupid to me. :mad:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the math. Most Campers will have about 13%. 7500 x 13% is 975 so on the campers axles is 6525. Less than the 7000 combined.

When loading a camper you do need to make sure you load it in such away that thr front axle and the rear axle are not overloaded.

Fun things alot of people never think about. But most will be fine if they are already okay with overloading the truck lol

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I figured so. It just doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy when the GAWR doesn’t cover the GVWR.

Some trailers GAWR will support the GVWR and this trailers tend to be the better built.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very few if any trailers have axles that can support the total weight of the trailer. I had a trailer that was just under 16000. The axles were 7000# which total out at 14000#. Also. the tires they put on it were rated at 3500 each. The one I have now isn't much better. So, unless you have one special order, it's, buyer beware, or be cautious, or whatever. You definitely want to use the cat scale to make sure you are not overloading the trailer and/or truck.

Users who are viewing this thread