5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB Question

drush

Reaction score
Hey all

Got my truck about 3 weeks ago and reading tons of threads on TSBs. What I’m wondering is it wise to go into the dealer and have them fix all of them or only if notice the problem?

I feel like they should all be dealt with but I don’t know a ton about how TSBs really work and what I’m supposed to do.
Appreciate any insight thanks.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all

Got my truck about 3 weeks ago and reading tons of threads on TSBs. What I’m wondering is it wise to go into the dealer and have them fix all of them or only if notice the problem?

I feel like they should all be dealt with but I don’t know a ton about how TSBs really work and what I’m supposed to do.
Appreciate any insight thanks.

It really depends on what the TSB is about, some can be fixed by type customer concern and the dealer is not required to verify if the problem exists. Others they are. The best thing to do is have the dealer checks for any applicable recalls, tsb that apply. Read the ones that apply to your vehicle in the TSB section on the forum and then if the problem surfaces you are more informed of what action to take.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not all tsbs apply to all vehicles. Some will depend on what you build date is, which can be deciphered from the driver’s side door jamb. Other tsbs depend upon whether you are experiencing the issue and many of those they won’t do unless they can “replicate” the issue. Best thing to do is next time you have it in for service ask them to apply any open recalls, software updates, and tsbs that apply to your build.

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie (new body) the drawer below the Uconnect near floor wouldn't stay closed right from get go, dealer ordered new assembly, while replacing they checked vin and removed and flashed the unit for airbag/seatbelt tsbs. Was there for routine job and they decided to repair before I recieved notification of recall.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah just allow yourself a bit of time. My Prius had a recall that took over 2 hours, I had gone in for an oil change...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online