5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to choose between loaded up Backcountry and Laramie Night/ORG

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Well, the price was right, so I just order the Backcountry from Anthony at MD. Wasn’t sure about ordering a 2023 this late in the year but no doubt the 2024’s will have another price increase. The Laramie would have been a better value based on resale, but I honestly love my current Backcountry so I know I will be happy with the new one.

Back Country 4x4 5’ 7” box in Billet Silver
Hemi - Etorque
26 gal tank (tired of filling up my current 33 gal)
Level B (12” Nav and Amplified 9 speaker Alpine system)
Premium Lighting Group
Technology Group (love the camera in the 3rd brake light for seeing over my bakflip and also the soft stitched dash)
Rear well liners
Under seat storage
Trailer brake controller
Blind spot monitor

MSRP 64,430
Invoice 60,874
Mark 57,021 (11.5% discount)
Ram 7,500 incentives (6,500 + 1,000 private coupon)
Total 49,520 (+MD fees)

Works out to 23.14% off MSRP if all stands. I think Anthony was going to throw in a free t-shirt too 😊. Kidding, but really nice working with Anthony, like everyone says.
That’s a real good deal and yes, I agree MD has been great to work with! I ordered a backcountry in April and patiently waiting for it to be built. Backcountry package is a nice value on the bighorn trim.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I know some out of state dealers make the buyer take care of taxes on their own, when they return to their home state. From what I hear, MD takes care of the tax detail (based on each customers zip code of course). So, WI will get their 5.5% based on sale price, less trade value.
Correct. I am SURE it varies by what dealers are in what states. But for us, Louisiana only requirement is $4.00 60-day temp tags. Then everything else is based on customer's home state. not every state credits the trade in amount in that calculation.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a real good deal and yes, I agree MD has been great to work with! I ordered a backcountry in April and patiently waiting for it to be built. Backcountry package is a nice value on the bighorn trim.
Personally, one of the biggest, most underatted standard on the back country are the seats. I love the seats l, how they look and how comfortable they are. They made a good choice in putting the rebel seats in this trim.

Previously, had a Laramie, leather seats with ventilation. Leather easily cracks, and hotter in the summer.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Jrodd52

Reaction score
Personally, one of the biggest, most underatted standard on the back country are the seats. I love the seats l, how they look and how comfortable they are. They made a good choice in putting the rebel seats in this trim.

Previously, had a Laramie, leather seats with ventilation. Leather easily cracks, and hotter in the summer.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Seats are the main reason I went with the backcountry. We test drove a built to serve and a Laramie and my wife liked the seats better in the BTS. I was surprised because she drove an expedition with leather seats. I’ve always hated how the expeditions black leather seats would get burning hot in the sun l. Although, they were easy to wipe down and clean.

Me being picky, I wish they would have put the Molle storage on the backcountry seats like they do on BTS.

U

User_3336

Well, the price was right, so I just order the Backcountry from Anthony at MD. Wasn’t sure about ordering a 2023 this late in the year but no doubt the 2024’s will have another price increase. The Laramie would have been a better value based on resale, but I honestly love my current Backcountry so I know I will be happy with the new one.

Back Country 4x4 5’ 7” box in Billet Silver
Hemi - Etorque
26 gal tank (tired of filling up my current 33 gal)
Level B (12” Nav and Amplified 9 speaker Alpine system)
Premium Lighting Group
Technology Group (love the camera in the 3rd brake light for seeing over my bakflip and also the soft stitched dash)
Rear well liners
Under seat storage
Trailer brake controller
Blind spot monitor

MSRP 64,430
Invoice 60,874
Mark 57,021 (11.5% discount)
Ram 7,500 incentives (6,500 + 1,000 private coupon)
Total 49,520 (+MD fees)

Works out to 23.14% off MSRP if all stands. I think Anthony was going to throw in a free t-shirt too 😊. Kidding, but really nice working with Anthony, like everyone says.
I'm not seeing $6500 in rebates (exclusive of the 1000 private offer) on ANY RAM 1500 at the moment.

deanno33

Reaction score
I thought it was 6500 (5500 + 1000 private) for my zip but Anthony found 1k more. As I mentioned, if it all stands, that's where we will end up. Hopefully nothing changes.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@deanno33. So did you order that sucker already?

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

Users who are viewing this thread