5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to choose between loaded up Backcountry and Laramie Night/ORG

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is no V6 turbo. If you are talking the hurricane, it's a straight 6.
3.0 L turbo 6 cylinder engine. If you want to be picky about the technical aspect (if its either inline or 2 rows of 3 pisons), it's up to you...it's still a 6 cylinder engine with twin turbos.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now if you wait, the v6 turbo engines might be your only option.

my money is on the v8 still around for the 2024 year since the hurricane will debut with the 2025 refresh year, but the discounts right now are hard to pass

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
3.0 L turbo 6 cylinder engine. If you want to be picky about the technical aspect (if its either inline or 2 rows of 3 pisons), it's up to you...it's still a 6 cylinder engine with twin turbos.

Not being picky. It was wrong, and you may not have known. It was being informative.

John Galt

Reaction score
my money is on the v8 still around for the 2024 year since the hurricane will debut with the 2025 refresh year, but the discounts right now are hard to pass
It will be around for 2024 but not for tHe popular mass market packages like Lone Star and Laramie. they’re Trying to make it so that all unsold orders (stuff dealers get on the lot) are all v6.

if you want a V8 you’ll have to order one…..like 3.92 gears.

6of36

Reaction score
It will be around for 2024 but not for tHe popular mass market packages like Lone Star and Laramie. they’re Trying to make it so that all unsold orders (stuff dealers get on the lot) are all v6.

if you want a V8 you’ll have to order one…..like 3.92 gears.
Dealers around me order 3.92 gears. They order what they think will sell in their area.

John Galt

Reaction score
Dealers around me order 3.92 gears. They order what they think will sell in their area.
Huh…..the southeast dealers don’t…at least that’s what they told me. I guess around here everyone wants the poser trucks. V6…..3.21 gears….2wd……but ALWAYS with the most expensive appearance packages, special rims, and sunroof.

meh.

6of36

Reaction score
Huh…..the southeast dealers don’t…at least that’s what they told me. I guess around here everyone wants the poser trucks. V6…..3.21 gears….2wd……but ALWAYS with the most expensive appearance packages, special rims, and sunroof.

meh.
I've got 5 dealers within 10 miles of me. Each one will have multiple trucks optioned the same but in different colors, but each dealer will have different options. I had a dealer tell me on my first lease in 2000, when I asked about fog lights, that the special leases on Dakotas were only available without them. Of course I found out, that was because that dealer never ordered fog lights. Just like here in Michigan, you will have to really search to find 2wd, not that I would ever buy one. There are dozens of dealers in south east Michigan. A friend had to go cross town to find a dealer who had a 6 passenger truck.

John Galt

Reaction score
I've got 5 dealers within 10 miles of me. Each one will have multiple trucks optioned the same but in different colors, but each dealer will have different options. I had a dealer tell me on my first lease in 2000, when I asked about fog lights, that the special leases on Dakotas were only available without them. Of course I found out, that was because that dealer never ordered fog lights. Just like here in Michigan, you will have to really search to find 2wd, not that I would ever buy one. There are dozens of dealers in south east Michigan. A friend had to go cross town to find a dealer who had a 6 passenger truck.
It’s this kind of BS that has kept me from buying a vehicle off the lot in over 20 years. I always custom order.
…..of course when my wife wants a “girl truck”…..it’s much easier around here because 90% of them are basically girl trucks.

6of36

Reaction score
It’s this kind of BS that has kept me from buying a vehicle off the lot in over 20 years. I always custom order.
…..of course when my wife wants a “girl truck”…..it’s much easier around here because 90% of them are basically girl trucks.
I agree. Not 1 truck in the entire country equipped how I want. A couple close, but I hate the night edition, and black wheels in general. I guess I should edit that, I have seen a couple that looked ok, but overall hate them, and probably 2/3 of them around me have them. I also insist on chrome bumpers, not the painted ones that chip if you look at them.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much was shipping? Michigan should cost me similar. Wondering whether it would be better to ship or go down and drive back.
I think it was around $1200 or $1400 to Green Bay. And that was with an enclosed trailer. And when diesel was $6ish per gallon nationally. MD arranged it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is the Hurricane DI only or dual injected?

U

User_3336

I just traded for a 23 Laramie. One of the things I did consider was trade-in value later on.

Back Country is just another trim level of the Big Horn.... Same as the Built to Serve. Trade in value dives pretty hard on a Big Horn.

Laramie is whole different model.

deanno33

Reaction score
I just traded for a 23 Laramie. One of the things I did consider was trade-in value later on.

That was one of the main reasons I leaned Laramie. Unfortunate that still can't get a short box hemi...I just checked again with Anthony to see if anything had changed on that front. It hasn't.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was one of the main reasons I leaned Laramie. Unfortunate that still can't get a short box hemi...I just checked again with Anthony to see if anything had changed on that front. It hasn't.
Out of curiosity...have you tried to reach out to another dealer...(forget price right now) and get a quote on one? Just throwing out something like maybe that store has ran out of allotments for custom order for that specific build?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity...have you tried to reach out to another dealer...(forget price right now) and get a quote on one? Just throwing out something like maybe that store has ran out of allotments for custom order for that specific build?

Sold-orders (order placed for specific customer) do not come out of dealer-stock allocation, except for limited release items such as the hellcat charger/challenger etc.
RAM is closing down the model year on 1500s and therefore is limiting the number of different configurations that can be ordered, both for dealer stock and sold-orders.

Nationwide search MAY find what anyone's looking for as an instock unit, but ordering a 5'7" V8 is not in the cards at the moment.

deanno33

Reaction score
Well, the price was right, so I just order the Backcountry from Anthony at MD. Wasn’t sure about ordering a 2023 this late in the year but no doubt the 2024’s will have another price increase. The Laramie would have been a better value based on resale, but I honestly love my current Backcountry so I know I will be happy with the new one.

Back Country 4x4 5’ 7” box in Billet Silver
Hemi - Etorque
26 gal tank (tired of filling up my current 33 gal)
Level B (12” Nav and Amplified 9 speaker Alpine system)
Premium Lighting Group
Technology Group (love the camera in the 3rd brake light for seeing over my bakflip and also the soft stitched dash)
Rear well liners
Under seat storage
Trailer brake controller
Blind spot monitor

MSRP 64,430
Invoice 60,874
Mark 57,021 (11.5% discount)
Ram 7,500 incentives (6,500 + 1,000 private coupon)
Total 49,520 (+MD fees)

Works out to 23.14% off MSRP if all stands. I think Anthony was going to throw in a free t-shirt too 😊. Kidding, but really nice working with Anthony, like everyone says.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the price was right, so I just order the Backcountry from Anthony at MD. Wasn’t sure about ordering a 2023 this late in the year but no doubt the 2024’s will have another price increase. The Laramie would have been a better value based on resale, but I honestly love my current Backcountry so I know I will be happy with the new one.

Hemi - Etorque
Premium Lighting Group
Technology Group (love the camera in the 3rd brake light for seeing over my bakflip and also the soft stitched dash)
Rear well liners
Under seat storage
Trailer brake controller
Blind spot monitor

MSRP 64,430
Invoice 60,874
Total 49,520 (+MD fees)

Works out to 23.14% off MSRP if all stands. I think Anthony was going to throw in a free t-shirt too 😊. Kidding, but really nice working with Anthony, like everyone says.
Thats a great deal in my opinion

Ramerod24

Reaction score

Hemi - Etorque
Premium Lighting Group
Rear well liners
Under seat storage
Trailer brake controller
Blind spot monitor

MSRP 64,430
Invoice 60,874
Total 49,520 (+MD fees)

Hands down best experience ever buying a car thus far.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great deal. I wonder how taxes work out of state like that. I live in NJ and when I bought cars in PA , I would pay some sales tax, and most of that (dealer would pay) would cover NJ sales tax....because you know...the state you live in always wants their fair share even if you bought out of state.

deanno33

Reaction score
I wonder how taxes work out of state like that.

I know some out of state dealers make the buyer take care of taxes on their own, when they return to their home state. From what I hear, MD takes care of the tax detail (based on each customers zip code of course). So, WI will get their 5.5% based on sale price, less trade value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/