5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to choose between loaded up Backcountry and Laramie Night/ORG

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely need that all Steele bumper that the rebel has...or something similar.

2022 Ram Big Horn Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
can't complain about my BTS bumper.

Sanders

Reaction score
Not sure if the Laramie has it but I really like having the electric locker in my BC.

deanno33

Reaction score
Based on what I heard today from Anthony, the Laramie can no longer be ordered with the hemi and short box. The hemi is only available in the 6'4" box. So, that unfortunately makes the decision for me as I can still get that combo in a Backcountry.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Based on what I heard today from Anthony, the Laramie can no longer be ordered with the hemi and short box. The hemi is only available in the 6'4" box. So, that unfortunately makes the decision for me as I can still get that combo in a Backcountry.
So wait...they have the v6 twin turbo now?

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciate the insight from everyone. Leaning team Laramie. I really wish someone closer to the Midwest would come close to MD prices. I think they are amazing to deal with, but the distance
Granger in IA was within about 1k of MD on my build and Bloomington in MN got close to them so I ordered local. Probably ends up about 2k over MD price but no shipping costs or logistics.

deanno33

Reaction score
I didn't hear that. Just that if you want a Laramie with 5' 7" box, you can't choose hemi. Figured down to pentastar or diesel. Weird, but that's what Anthony told me when I asked him to start my order.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would wait a day or two and see if it is an option again - they have been changing lots of stuff lately day to day. I ordered a Laramie CC 6'4" box and the Hemi was the only engine option but the 5'7" bed was still showing the 6, 8 and diesel

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The paint chipping is an issue on all trucks with painted bumpers. I learned my lesson with my 2019 BH, so I had PPF put on my new truck. It does have a few chips in the PPF itself but it’s way better than my old truck. I only had the bumper done because that’s where the majority of the chips were on my 2019.
Ditto...just did PPF on my front bumper. Makes me miss my Rebel never even gave it a thought with that truck. Oh well...is what it is

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ditto...just did PPF on my front bumper. Makes me miss my Rebel never even gave it a thought with that truck. Oh well...is what it is
How much did it cost just to do you front bumper?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@deanno33 so what's the verdit...going to pull the trigger on a laramie?

deanno33

Reaction score
so what's the verdit...going to pull the trigger on a laramie?

Well, I tried to but I was a day late and they eliminated the option of a short box with the hemi. Now contemplating the Backcountry or waiting.

6of36

Reaction score
I would wait a day or two and see if it is an option again - they have been changing lots of stuff lately day to day. I ordered a Laramie CC 6'4" box and the Hemi was the only engine option but the 5'7" bed was still showing the 6, 8 and diesel
Diesel ended in January. They don't even build the engine.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with you on the bumpers...and will add that they chip very easy.

Nobody in the Midwest will come close to Mark Dodge. The closest is Granger in IA but still not as good. I'm in Wisconsin.

And MD can order a Laramie Southwest edition. I helped my dad order one from MD last year and he shipped it to WI.

6of36

Reaction score
And MD can order a Laramie Southwest edition. I helped my dad order one from MD last year and he shipped it to WI.
How much was shipping? Michigan should cost me similar. Wondering whether it would be better to ship or go down and drive back.

John Galt

Reaction score
How much was shipping? Michigan should cost me similar. Wondering whether it would be better to ship or go down and drive back.
The drive makes for a good break-in opportunity so you’re pretty much done by the time you’re home.

6of36

Reaction score
The drive makes for a good break-in opportunity so you’re pretty much done by the time you’re home.
That is what I was sort of thinking. But if it was actually cheaper to ship..... To drive, it would cost air, or maybe train fare to get there, and a hotel room because it is a 2 day trip. Plus the gas. It would be a nice drive.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I tried to but I was a day late and they eliminated the option of a short box with the hemi. Now contemplating the Backcountry or waiting.
Right now if you wait, the v6 turbo engines might be your only option.

Jrodd52

Reaction score
That is what I was sort of thinking. But if it was actually cheaper to ship..... To drive, it would cost air, or maybe train fare to get there, and a hotel room because it is a 2 day trip. Plus the gas. It would be a nice drive.
I priced out 3rd party shipping its around $1250 for me. I’m in Northern Michigan. MD quoted 1.00-1.30 mile for them to set up shipping. I work too much and have tons of PTO so I need an excuse to to take a trip.

6of36

Reaction score
Right now if you wait, the v6 turbo engines might be your only option.

There is no V6 turbo. If you are talking the hurricane, it's a straight 6.

Users who are viewing this thread