5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX wrecked, not even off the assembly line!

jimchi

Reaction score
I've watched a few "How It's Made" style videos (available on YouTube) of the Sterling Heights plant. FCA made a huge investment in the plant for the production of the 5th gen, and if you watch the videos you'll see that a large percentage of the assembly process is automated. There are huge robot cranes that carry the trucks from line to line, and my guess an error caused this truck to fall off the rack.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Lol wait robots make mistakes??

Hire a team of engineers to build the robot, to replace the human, only to have to hire humans to clean up the mess the robots made.

MAKES SENSE!!

Boston

Reaction score
Take a look at many of the computer systems powering the robots. Windows 7 lives on!

I’m sure engineering can use the drivetrain for “longevity “ testing...

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We reached out to Ram... no comment.

NDanecker

Reaction score
I was on the fence for ordering one in that exact color (same color of my current truck). I am very confident if I did order one that would have been my truck (considering the luck I've been having lately).

Feel bad for whomever owns that VIN. Back of the line! Uffa......

Tom488

Reaction score
That's not a Launch Edition (different color). Does that mean they've already produced all 702 LE's, and are now onto TR1/TR2 builds? I thought one of our members here who ordered a Launch Edition had a build date of Jan 28 ( @soulsea ?)

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I was on the fence for ordering one in that exact color (same color of my current truck). I am very confident if I did order one that would have been my truck (considering the luck I've been having lately).

Feel bad for whomever owns that VIN. Back of the line! Uffa......
By chance got any videos of your truck?

NDanecker

Reaction score
By chance got any videos of your truck?
Here are some old ones. Will get new videos when I finally get new 8 rib pulley conversion and Walbro fuel pump installed to address fuel starvation at WOT, and then will do some pulls. Running around 3.8 s 0 to 60 with old build. 426 should be faster just can't do full WOT runs yet because of fueling & belt slip issue.

Video of exhaust idling.

Video of 40 mph acceleration (old SC stroked 5.7 motor)

Video of sticky lifter (426 build that had to come apart yet again - it was a long road LOL).

Attachments

• 20200310_180450.jpg
    20200310_180450.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20200310-200821_Drag Racer.jpg
    Screenshot_20200310-200821_Drag Racer.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 41

Caballonegro

Reaction score
That's not a Launch Edition (different color). Does that mean they've already produced all 702 LE's, and are now onto TR1/TR2 builds? I thought one of our members here who ordered a Launch Edition had a build date of Jan 28 ( @soulsea ?)
I don’t know if you saw what jeep did with the gladiator, they got people to buy in on the launch edition but were delivering regular gladiators first.

The youtuber Stradman, he had to cancel his launch edition and went and bought one off the show room floor 🤣

I hope the TRX launch get delivered first!

Caballonegro

Reaction score
Fell off the line. Hope it wasnt your order!
“Just buff it out...”
I wish I had one on order, I’m waiting for a upgraded TRX, like a red eye or something.

enjoying my truck to much to pay the difference from the depreciated value of mine to a new TRX.

Users who are viewing this thread