5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was on the gladiator forum and they have one going as well that they have working 392 Steering Wheel Retrofit
I didn't read through all 32 pages of that thread, but I don't see a single TRX wheel on any of those.

The electronics on the wheel are differnet too so you wouldn't be able to use the existing and probably looking at around $3000 for all of the parts inside the wheel assuming you can get a wiring harness that connects to the differnet buttons for a Ram.

The wheel they are swapping is a wheel that can come on a Jeep, not a Ram.

Agon

Reaction score
I've had a trx wheel in my bighorn for 6 months now. the paddles just do the gear limiter function, as I have not been able to figure how to flash my TCM
I’m in the process of swapping out steering wheel. 2022 TRX on my 2022 bighorn. Did the heating element swap ok with all controls? Did you ever flash your TCM to make work the paddle shifter or are they just going to be gear limiter function indefinitely.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m in the process of swapping out steering wheel. 2022 TRX on my 2022 bighorn. Did the heating element swap ok with all controls? Did you ever flash your TCM to make work the paddle shifter or are they just going to be gear limiter function indefinitely.
You can't swap the healing element, it's built into wheel.
Rest of controls swap fine, but you do need to buy the front and rear trim if you want to use paddles, and yes you will need to flash your TCM to think it's an GT model if you want paddle shifters to work normal.

Users who are viewing this thread