5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX rear tow hooks?

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Would your kit be brackets to mount the factory TRX tow hooks to standard RAM tow hitches? If yes, take my money. I've got the hooks, but the hitch isn't available yet.

I've seen the TRX hitch up close and compared to my Rebel. Even the online diagrams shown them to be almost identical. The major difference is where the mounting tabs are welded in for the hooks.
Can you post a picture of your hooks? Also some rough measurements would help. Did you buy them online or at a dealer? I looked online and the few sources I found that listed them, said they were out of stock. I'd like to knock this project out while I still have my factory bumper on. I'm getting ready to pull my factory bumper to start the designs on the rear bumper offerings coming soon.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your hooks? Also some rough measurements would help. Did you buy them online or at a dealer? I looked online and the few sources I found that listed them, said they were out of stock. I'd like to knock this project out while I still have my factory bumper on. I'm getting ready to pull my factory bumper to start the designs on the rear bumper offerings coming soon.
I got them online from BAM Wholesale Parts. There is only one part number (68462886AB) as each side is the same. Here are some pics. Let me know what measurements you need or I can ship you one to get this knocked out.
PXL_20210309_155940121.jpg PXL_20210309_155928068.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I got them online from BAM Wholesale Parts. There is only one part number (68462886AB) as each side is the same. Here are some pics. Let me know what measurements you need or I can ship you one to get this knocked out.
View attachment 85176 View attachment 85177
I'll check them out and see if there are more sets available. I think this should be pretty quick and easy to prototype and then I can get it into CAD and start getting my parts laser cut for production. A width measurement and distance between holes would be helpful to start though. Thank you

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I'll check them out and see if there are more sets available. I think this should be pretty quick and easy to prototype and then I can get it into CAD and start getting my parts laser cut for production. A width measurement and distance between holes would be helpful to start though. Thank you
Let me know if you need any other measurements. I can break out my calipers and get even more exact if you need it.
iMarkup_20210309_192836.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Let me know if you need any other measurements. I can break out my calipers and get even more exact if you need it.
View attachment 85218
Awesome. That will get me started. Thank you. I put in an order for a set of hooks but wanted to get started on layout sooner rather that later.

RyanM

Reaction score
I’d be down for the mounting brackets for the rear hooks. I am going to go ahead and order the hooks. Soon as you get the mounting plates ready I’m in!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’d be down for the mounting brackets for the rear hooks. I am going to go ahead and order the hooks. Soon as you get the mounting plates ready I’m in!
I ordered the hooks. I need to find the part number for the factory bolts too. I'll probably weld nuts to the back side of the bracket that will accept the factory bolts. Since this is a smaller item I'll I will probably start offering these as soon as I get a batch back from laser cutting to make sure everything is right. Would you guys like to see them raw steel or powder coated or offer an option for both?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I ordered the hooks. I need to find the part number for the factory bolts too. I'll probably weld nuts to the back side of the bracket that will accept the factory bolts. Since this is a smaller item I'll I will probably start offering these as soon as I get a batch back from laser cutting to make sure everything is right. Would you guys like to see them raw steel or powder coated or offer an option for both?
I think powder coated black to match closely to the factory hitch would be great. They aren't seen, so blending in would be nice.
Also, if you find out the part number for the bolts please post it. When I was researching with the dealer they couldn't find it at that point.
Seriously cannot wait for these brackets to be released. You are the man!

johncode

Reaction score
I’d like a raw option I can get powder coated to match my front hooks.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I will buy a set of brackets as soon as they are available .... Can't wait! :)
As soon as my hooks get here I will build a set of brackets and then reverse engineer them into CAD and get that file sent to my laser cutter. As soon as I get a set back from them, I will test fit and insure there are no adjustments needed. Once I know the file is good and laser cut is where we need it, they will go up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread