5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Price

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Saw this morning the TRX will be $75k. So with discounts, $60k haha

just thought I’d share. Not sure I’d have the chutzpah to drive that thing and the local PD would know me by first name after a week lol

clazer

Reaction score
If I were guessing, discounts will be more like on raptors than regular F150s. I bet they sell for msrp or possibly dealer markup.

Blee2221

Reaction score
I’d imagine pricing would be similiar to how the hellcats first came out where all dealers were asking for mark up. Now the hellcats are discounted. Probably would have to wait a couple months or the first year for dealers to start discounting the TRX.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
No one really knows the price yet. 75k seems a bit high figuring a Raptor starts in the 50s.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought 75k was reasonable considering what you are getting (presumably). As attractive as it may seem though, I think my next truck will be a 2500 Diesel.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
It costs you $26k to go from a base 5.7L challenger ($35k) to a hellcat(($61k). $31k difference on charger. There is little reason to suspect the TRUCK would be less.

The competition is the reason. Go check out a base model Raptor. Further more at 75k your over the price of the CyberTruck which will out perform the TRX in every aspect except looks.

Toothninja

Reaction score
The competition is the reason. Go check out a base model Raptor. Further more at 75k your over the price of the CyberTruck which will out perform the TRX in every aspect except looks.
The CyberTruck is fugly!! And once all of the options are added on, that truck is likely to be over $100K. In addition, are they saying that the CyberTruck will be able to go off-road? I’d be concerned with the battery system getting rocked around. With that being said, I cannot wait until the TRX comes out!!

clazer

Reaction score

Is the latest news that the TRX is still going to be sporting 707hp and 37s? What competition? That’s similar to the normal Rebel being competition to the Raptor. It’s just not.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The raptor doesn’t have a specific supercharged v8, it’s just the ecoboost motor. I would suspect 75k is about right considering the cost of said motor option as mentioned above with the other Helcat Platforms.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
The raptor doesn’t have a specific supercharged v8, it’s just the ecoboost motor. I would suspect 75k is about right considering the cost of said motor option as mentioned above with the other Helcat Platforms.

2021 Raptor is supposed to have the supercharger V8 motor from the GT500. Doubt they are also doing a 20k price bump. Either way no one knows the price on it yet and if someone did that could release to the public, redriderbob would be first credible source to publish it. Also even with the Hellcat motor the CYbertruck will probably be twice as quick 0-60 with 9” extra clearance at under 70k. Ugly as it is, value talks and Ram rides value proposition hard.

Last edited:

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Raptor is supposed to have the supercharger V8 motor from the GT500. Doubt they are also doing a 20k price bump. Either way no one knows the price on it yet and if someone did that could release to the public, redriderbob would be first credible source to publish it. Also even with the Hellcat motor the CYbertruck will probably be twice as quick 0-60 with 9” extra clearance at under 70k. Ugly as it is, value talks and Ram rides value proposition hard.

I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say I don’t really give a F about the Tesla truck. At all. If I did, I wouldn’t be on a ram forum. And I’m not shopping for trucks based on any sort of “value per dollar” strategy other than liking what I’m paying for. But maybe that’s just me.

It does seem you are right about the price, I didn’t see anything about it online. So OP where did you get this info?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And a loaded Raptor pushes $80K.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say I don’t really give a F about the Tesla truck. At all. If I did, I wouldn’t be on a ram forum. And I’m not shopping for trucks based on any sort of “value per dollar” strategy other than liking what I’m paying for. But maybe that’s just me.

It does seem you are right about the price, I didn’t see anything about it online. So OP where did you get this info?

Silver thanks for making laugh. Agree 100%

I got this information from the same source I get all my reliable factual based intel that guides my financial and lifestyle decisions- my 8 Ball from childhood

I’ll ask again ..... AHEM ..... Will the TRX be $75k?

*shake* *shake* *shake*

95EA7736-B928-4072-9ED8-A3CDDAE8D43A.jpeg

Well ..... I think that confirms it!I hope you all are satisfied .....

Let’s ask about that disgusting irreverent concoction from Tesla

AHEM ....... *shake* *shake* *shake*

Will the Tesla truck ever sell big to consumers who have sensibility?

DE2539BB-0489-4070-A14D-F2D2AF43BA2F.jpeg

There you have it!!

Also TFL reported the price as $75 and they are usually pretty accurate but I always defer to you good people knowing more than I but it seemed about right

Happy Holidays to you and yours :)

Adrianp89

Reaction score
So does that 8Ball say base price is 75k or 75k loaded or what? Even the current Rebel can vary 10-15 grand.

clazer

Reaction score
A wee little grand Cherokee trackhawk starts at $87k, for even more perspective. :boop:

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think $75K is a pretty fair speculative price point. My feeling is it will be higher for the first year for lots of reasons... dealer mark-up, dealer orders of only loaded trucks, etc. I'm sure if you wanted to wait a very long time by placing an order for a "base" TRX it might come in under $75K... but you're going to wait and wait.

I'm in MA, and you couldn't sniff a current gen Raptor for under $70K from a dealer earlier this year. I tried. I even discussed ordering one and the dealer wasn't interested. I wasn't to enthralled with the rest of the F-150 line so I moved on.

As comparison shopping goes, 0-60 times for a truck is just silly. Sure everyone wants to go fast, or compare stat sheets, etc... but thats not what it's really about, as others have noted above. The "value" of a TRX is similar to a Raptor... I'd agree there. They are both a kind of "Halo" vehicle. Very specialized and focused. I do think the TRX will be much more about the smile it puts on the drivers face than all out off-road ability, which will favor the Raptor a bit. The Tesla truck? I'd be really surprised if anyone who's seriously thinking of buying a TRX is going to hold off until the Tesla is a reality. Complete opposite ends of a spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread