5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX Price

Caballonegro

Reaction score
These guys drop in a Hellcat motor in this ram and start breaking things... my guess is the TRX is going to have some heavy modifications done in order for the truck not to disintegrate into little pieces. That has to add up, I am guessing the 75 grand is accurate but close to base price, I am sure 85 -90 is where it is going to end up at for me since I would want all my same options including pano roof.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Speculation on trx price against the competition.

Get back under your bridge.

If you think the TRX competes against the BMW X5, M3 and Tesla pickup you are a moron.

derp

Reaction score
If you think the TRX competes against the BMW X5, M3 and Tesla pickup you are a moron.
That may be so. But i was being topical amd now you have contributed nothing and started name calling. Classy.

The non existent trx with seating for 5 and luxury trim does reasonably have comperition with a non existent tesla.

I never mentioned anything about bmws myself. I did point out that everyone but you to that point was speculating on market relationships between autos for guess the price.

NDanecker

Reaction score
That may be so. But i was being topical amd now you have contributed nothing and started name calling. Classy.

Um....I pointed out the thread got off topic. Sorry if that hurts your butt. I believe you started the name calling by suggesting I'm a troll, and should "get back under my bridge".

Not continuing this further with you. Have a nice life, and Merry Christmas!!!

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly admit my shame and guilt for wrongly mentioning a BMW on this thread, plead for leniency from the court of public opinion, and grovel at the feet of my betters.

We good now?

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly admit my shame and guilt for wrongly mentioning a BMW on this thread, plead for leniency from the court of public opinion, and grovel at the feet of my betters.

We good now?

hahaha

I don’t want to underscore the importance of the content recently added to this thread or detract from the dialogue. So out of prudence, I will be responding only with memes from here out

and for the record, I appreciate every contribution unequally and with disparity

0D0A0BCA-C19B-43DA-9E15-1190335F002D.png

edgarrian

Reaction score
The price of 75k seems like it would be about right. I think its fair to say a guy is going to spend 60 to 80k depending on what trim you want. Supercharger or not. As for EV trucks and Cars. They will be the future without a doubt. Thats why Aramco released an IPO. They know the future for oil is looking dismal. Oil will certainly still be a big part of our lives but as someone suggested. 10 years from now id imagine EV will make a dent in oil demand.

A couple of things i don't think people or politicians are considering. If EV has captured say 20% of the auto market. How will that impact electricity rates? Then as market share for EV's continues to rise. One would suspect that electricity rates will rise as well b/c of demand. With coal plants being shuttered and its proven that green energy is very restrictive during cold climate what are they going to do with the ability to produce enough energy during cold times. I attended a meeting in my home state of indiana. The state has developed a 21st century energy task force. Basically they bring in companies, universities, and academics to present ideas on solar, wind, and battery. During 2018 polar vortex where temps crashed. Here in central indiana we had -20 temps. Wind and Solar cant produce 10% of their range b/c well its cold. So with heating energy taking a massive hit on the grind. You add in millions of EV's to charge. Where does all the electricity come from. And how much does it cost? Even gas has tax for road repair. That tax is gonna dry up. Im sure they are experiencing that already. Id imagine there will be a tax for miles driven.

Also one can point to the limitations for infrastructure as well. Who is gonna take their EV on vacation and try to charge it. I suppose there are some hotels that provide that.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The price of 75k seems like it would be about right. I think its fair to say a guy is going to spend 60 to 80k depending on what trim you want. Supercharger or not. As for EV trucks and Cars. They will be the future without a doubt. Thats why Aramco released an IPO. They know the future for oil is looking dismal. Oil will certainly still be a big part of our lives but as someone suggested. 10 years from now id imagine EV will make a dent in oil demand.

A couple of things i don't think people or politicians are considering. If EV has captured say 20% of the auto market. How will that impact electricity rates? Then as market share for EV's continues to rise. One would suspect that electricity rates will rise as well b/c of demand. With coal plants being shuttered and its proven that green energy is very restrictive during cold climate what are they going to do with the ability to produce enough energy during cold times. I attended a meeting in my home state of indiana. The state has developed a 21st century energy task force. Basically they bring in companies, universities, and academics to present ideas on solar, wind, and battery. During 2018 polar vortex where temps crashed. Here in central indiana we had -20 temps. Wind and Solar cant produce 10% of their range b/c well its cold. So with heating energy taking a massive hit on the grind. You add in millions of EV's to charge. Where does all the electricity come from. And how much does it cost? Even gas has tax for road repair. That tax is gonna dry up. Im sure they are experiencing that already. Id imagine there will be a tax for miles driven.

Also one can point to the limitations for infrastructure as well. Who is gonna take their EV on vacation and try to charge it. I suppose there are some hotels that provide that.
whoa... whoa... whoa... more thread derailment! Don't make the same mistake I did!

All joking aside, you raise a lot of valid concerns about EV. Bottom line is the underlying infrastructure isn't there yet... but we've been down this road before, literally. The auto industry went thru this at it's infancy when the country was still relying on horses. Hard to find fuel, no paved roads, no clear rules or speed limits, etc. In my mind that's why hybrids are the "answer" for now... not totally reliant on either power source, while sharing a number of the benefits from each. Only downside are batteries... battery energy density just isn't there to justify their cost or weight penalty... hence they don't sell well.

About Aramco and the other Big Oil companies... do not think for a second they don't see what's on the horizon. Listen to any shareholder call for example... they are NOT in the oil business... they are in the "energy delivery business" and spend billions upon billions on R&D to find solutions. They are on top now, and plan to stay that way.

derp

Reaction score
We should rename this thread "Gas vs. Electric Vehicles". - SMH
Seriously, if you are gonna cowardly say that you aren't going to continue because you are called out for offtopic trolling, then go away so we can talk about the relationships between trucks and how it could influence the pricing of a TRX. get on topic and contribute or get out.

there is a paradigm shift in progress in the truck market for conventional fuel vehicles and electrics. both have SIGNIFICANT performance points and that affects their placement in the market they will sell in. weighing the upcoming TRX against the environment of the competition such as the electric f150 upcoming model and the competing cybertruck that is upcoming is cogent to the discussion.
Tesla has declared a questionable set of specs and price points. Ford has conventional fuel competitors with a set price point in market now and an equivalent electric product on their roadmap.
5 seat trucks with performance engines directly compete in sales against performance SUVs from other non-truck manufacturers. talking about the specs, prices, and relative overlap of those products with the TRX is part of an ongoing discussion which you are derailing with flamebait comments.

Get on topic, or get out.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not disagreeing, but you can't unbake the cake with this thread. Even though it's a tangent on a tangent, the fact the Cybertruck got announced when it did... with the TRX coming late this year or early next, Chevy announcing their "Raptor Fighter", and Ford with an updated F-150 on the horizon... it does impact the market and pricing, even for a low volume specialty truck like the TRX.

NDanecker

Reaction score
Seriously, if you are gonna cowardly say that you aren't going to continue because you are called out for offtopic trolling, then go away so we can talk about the relationships between trucks and how it could influence the pricing of a TRX. get on topic and contribute or get out.

there is a paradigm shift in progress in the truck market for conventional fuel vehicles and electrics. both have SIGNIFICANT performance points and that affects their placement in the market they will sell in. weighing the upcoming TRX against the environment of the competition such as the electric f150 upcoming model and the competing cybertruck that is upcoming is cogent to the discussion.
Tesla has declared a questionable set of specs and price points. Ford has conventional fuel competitors with a set price point in market now and an equivalent electric product on their roadmap.
5 seat trucks with performance engines directly compete in sales against performance SUVs from other non-truck manufacturers. talking about the specs, prices, and relative overlap of those products with the TRX is part of an ongoing discussion which you are derailing with flamebait comments.

Get on topic, or get out.

I'm not flame baiting and I have lots to contribute but feel different with comparing a Baja/Offroad inspired vehicle, such as the Raptor and TRX, to an electric go-cart. Sorry if you feel different but that's my feeling on the subject. Two totally different markets. Two totally different buyers. A buyer for one is not considering the other and vice-versa, and I know this as I was in the market of a TRX. I purchased a Trackhawk. I know what these vehicles compare to (and what the mfg compares them to). Electric vehicles, IMO, are not in the same city let alone ballpark in comparison. No way Tesla is targeting their electric 'throw back form the 80's' design truck to potential Raptor or TRX buyers. You may / do feel different and I respect that.

What triggered me was your response to my comment of this thread going off-rails, which I humbly feel it did. The thread is about TRX prices not TRX comparisons, and further. If you would have simply commented with "Speculation on TRX price against the competition." and left out the "Get back under your bridge." comment I would have not taken it down to your educational level of name calling and trolling accusations. So with all due respect - you drew first blood.

But its almost Christmas so - Merry Christmas! :) I'm in a good mood!!!

HotHareSpey

Reaction score

Ed -

Thank you for redeeming this threadand provide a thought provoking dialogue.
Im in a similar climate and electric cars are the jam here. No problems with the sub zero weather. Our major provider for electric power to homes has invested in Tesla batteries for each home that can be used as 2-3 day generators if the power goes out or if in the event of a natural disaster, the power can be drawn from homes and redirected to areas that in need

we have also taken oldtrash or recycling or closed mines and used the land they are on for solar power

to make solar more affordable local companies go town to town and if enough people sign up there is a significant (15%) discount

unfortunately the discounts on electric cars as well as the affordability for solar related items that provide power took a major hit from the POTUS even though there are a ton of jobs to be had

my neighbor bought a Tesla recently and after learning that there is a local guy who goes to your house to service anything that breaks from head lights to you name it, and there are no oil changes or service intervals, only a drive and brakes last much much longer because just taking your foot off the gas slows the car measurably down - I’m seriously considering one for my 120 mile daily commute

as for making electricity more affordable, solar panels cost less and less, charging has increased reducing time per charge and uses dry outlets so nothing special required, and the sky is the limit on innovation new technology and development

derp

Reaction score
I'm sorry but you are an *******.

And what are you doing in this thread anyways? Go back to watching your soap operas and drinking your tea with your pinky in the air. You are a drama queen!!!

Go ahead - post another response so you can get your last say. I'm done with you. Its the only sense of being alive you probably get as I'm sure your significant other wears the pants in your relationship. WOW....what a tool.

back offtopic again. what I was doing here before you set the thread ablaze was talking about TRX possible price. Now I am responding to your personal insults. Soap operas and tea have nothing to do with this until you dragged personal insults into the mix. you call me a drama queen even though you show up, start trouble and project your insecurities on stranger.

so far you have called me without susbstantial evidence a
moron
tool
drama queen
effeminate

yes, after you reduced this back and forth to personal insults and flamebait I called you a troll and a coward for last wording and storming off. I stand by every word. you can't even stand by your words enough to actually take your trolling and go away. Should I really let you be a jerk and baby insulting me because you can't take being challenged? as I have said, if you are done, be done. when you stop this crap, I stop answering your crap. when you are offensive, I defend myself with facts.

derp

Reaction score
Nadler wants his gavel back guys. Chill out.
you are right. this is back and forth argument and heated. I apologize to everyone else and hope we don't have to continue to deal with offtopic crap and having to defend against personal insults. Literally the world would have been better without both of my and the other person's responses.

Sorry Folks.

Users who are viewing this thread