5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX grill part number

Gitter

Reaction score
It's probably too early to ask, but does anyone have a part number for the TRX grill yet? I love how it's similar to the Rebel, but a little sleeker at the same time. I have a feeling it won't fit perfectly (just like a Rebel's grill doesn't exactly fit the Laramie's/Bighorns), but I'd love to see if it can fit on a Limited or Longhorn!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's not gonna fit. If for nothing else, there is a notch at the top of the grill on all trim levels except the TRX. You'd have to figure out how to deal with that in addition to any other differences in them.

Attachments

• TRX grille.PNG
    TRX grille.PNG
    90.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Laramie grille.PNG
    Laramie grille.PNG
    85.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Limited grille.PNG
    Limited grille.PNG
    75.8 KB · Views: 44

Gitter

Reaction score
It's not gonna fit. If for nothing else, there is a notch at the top of the grill on all trim levels except the TRX. You'd have to figure out how to deal with that in addition to any other differences in them.

I never noticed that before (good eye), but hopefully that's only an issue with the brow trim and not for the grill itself.

There is definitely a chance that the TRX grill won't fit under the Limited/Longhorn style brow trim. Orginally I was only concerned about it not working with the bumper and the area under the headlight and bumper.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I never noticed that before (good eye), but hopefully that's only an issue with the brow trim and not for the grill itself.

There is definitely a chance that the TRX grill won't fit under the Limited/Longhorn style brow trim. Orginally I was only concerned about it not working with the bumper and the area under the headlight and bumper.
I will say that there will be a lot of interest if you could get it to work. I'm not saying not to try it if you have the means to do it. Keep us posted.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Nothing a hackzall or dremel couldn't help with... ;)

I bet it would be a bit before we see part #s for this, as I'm not sure how many (if any) have even made it to the customers yet that ordered them. And from my experience, some parts sometimes don't fully materialize until a year or more after a new model is released.

Gitter

Reaction score
Nothing a hackzall or dremel couldn't help with... ;)

I bet it would be a bit before we see part #s for this, as I'm not sure how many (if any) have even made it to the customers yet that ordered them. And from my experience, some parts sometimes don't fully materialize until a year or more after a new model is released.

That was my initial thinking as well (on both accounts). ;) I figured I could at least get the conversation started as we sit and wait. Worst that could happen is that we just make ourselves more impatient while we wait. However, on the other end of the spectrum, the aftermarket community could make a grill for us non-TRX owners if there was enough interest!!

As much as I LOVE the TRX, I will never buy one because it won't be able to tow my travel trailer. So the TRX grill will be the next best for now. :D

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
For me it's not just about the grille. It's about how the whole truck looks, with the wider stance, awesome hood, and of course that front end. You could convert to a Rebel grille easier if a grille is all you're wanting. I'm not interested in 700 hp. I use my truck as a daily driver, and don't need that kind of power. I'd seriously consider a TRX for my next truck if they would offer different engine choices to lower the cost. Or, maybe even just offer a TRX appearance package for the Rebel.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me it's not just about the grille. It's about how the whole truck looks, with the wider stance, awesome hood, and of course that front end. You could convert to a Rebel grille easier if a grille is all you're wanting. I'm not interested in 700 hp. I use my truck as a daily driver, and don't need that kind of power. I'd seriously consider a TRX for my next truck if they would offer different engine choices to lower the cost. Or, maybe even just offer a TRX appearance package for the Rebel.
Exactly. If I could drop a TRX body on my Rebel I'd be pretty much set with how I'd want the truck to look. As it is now, it's fiberglass fenders if you want a widebody look.

Gitter

Reaction score
So I just happened across this nice shot from the Ram Lovers FB page:
RAM TRX - Granite Crystal (Top view).jpg

I am partial to the Granite Crystal color, but more importantly, it's a great angle to see that wide-body stance! *Drool*

From this angle, I think that the painted trim (under the headlight and above the bumper) might be different so that it can meet up with the flared front quarter panel and wheel well trim. This might require way more fabrication work than I am capable of. :cry:

Not only that, the bumper has a bump in the top/middle that might also be a small issue. Difference there might be something we could work with. But I would also like that bumper on my limited (along with the flared fenders, hood, and wheels once money allows), so I could live with it. I was just hoping to start with the grill and then upgrading other pieces later.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I just happened across this nice shot from the Ram Lovers FB page:
View attachment 73123

I am partial to the Granite Crystal color, but more importantly, it's a great angle to see that wide-body stance! *Drool*

From this angle, I think that the painted trim (under the headlight and above the bumper) might be different so that it can meet up with the flared front quarter panel and wheel well trim. This might require way more fabrication work than I am capable of. :cry:

Not only that, the bumper has a bump in the top/middle that might also be a small issue. Difference there might be something we could work with. But I would also like that bumper on my limited (along with the flared fenders and wheels once money allows), so I could live with it. I was just hoping to start with the grill and then upgrading other pieces later.
How'd you know I was looking for a new wallpaper for my work computer? :cool:
Awesome pic!! Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread