5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX front end swap on Rebel

Grega0121

Reaction score
Hey everybody
I tried searching the topic and basically only found fiberworks flares and wheel spacers 🤨
I may be wrong, but it looks like you could buy:
Hood
Fenders
Lights
Grill
Bumper
From the TRX?

To me it looks like the Trx headlights are just Limited lights are they not? And isn’t there a version of those that come in black?

Then with the right wheel/tire combo and possibly a small spacer you could get the width to match the Trx as well

just spitballin!

Greg

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're gonna do all that and still have the narrow standard width bed.

Probably easier to list what doesn't have to be changed: doors, taillights, tailgate, rear bumper maybe (probably a couple other odds and ends). And that's just the body.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
fiberworks flares and wheel spacers is your best option.

Also highly unlikely that you would be able to find the parts anyway

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
fiberworks flares and wheel spacers is your best option.

Also highly unlikely that you would be able to find the parts anyway
Yeah, by time he got all the OEM parts (assuming he even can, like you said) plus the labor to install/paint, you'd have so much wrapped up in it, might as well just sell the Rebel at current inflated prices and buy an actual TRX from Koons or Mark Dodge at a discount.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The TRX has a 6" wider track (front and rear) than a Rebel. You'd have to put a LOT of spacers on to make a Rebel as wide as the TRX.

Grega0121

Reaction score
You're gonna do all that and still have the narrow standard width bed.

Probably easier to list what doesn't have to be changed: doors, taillights, tailgate, rear bumper maybe (probably a couple other odds and ends). And that's just the body.
In the future, the bedside skins could be purchased. I’m screwed because I have quad cab tho 😂

Grega0121

Reaction score
The TRX has a 6" wider track (front and rear) than a Rebel. You'd have to put a LOT of spacers on to make a Rebel as wide as the TRX.
1” wider wheels that are offset 1”, and 2 inch wider tires would do it..

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought someone on this forum was building his own TRX out of a Rebel ? Body and engine .

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1” wider wheels that are offset 1”, and 2 inch wider tires would do it..
A 1" wider wheel only nets you 1/2" on each side. That's 1" total.
A 1" offset on each side nets you 2" total.
2" wider tires net you 1" on each side. That's 2" total.
But you can't compound the wheel width and the tire width. So your 2" wider tires is the only part that matters.
So you're still only at 4". You'd also have to add 1" spacers.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I cant find anything

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was trying to find that same thread, I knew it was here somewhere.
The guy spent $12k, and still need to do more engine upgrades. At the end of the day, it would be cheaper to buy a TRX (and you'd have everything else that comes with it - adjustable dampening shocks, 702hp supercharged engine, etc.).

Grega0121

Reaction score
The guy spent $12k, and still need to do more engine upgrades. At the end of the day, it would be cheaper to buy a TRX (and you'd have everything else that comes with it - adjustable dampening shocks, 702hp supercharged engine, etc.).
Not entirely true since I got my rebel for $36k plus fees. I would just collect the parts over time and install them all at once

Grega0121

Reaction score
Also, I wouldn’t go the fiberglass and custom work rout, I’d only buy the Trx parts if I was going to do it

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not entirely true since I got my rebel for $36k plus fees. I would just collect the parts over time and install them all at once
Lol, well ok, a $36k truck is no comparison. I was comparing base TRX ($73,380) to base Rebel 4x4 Hemi ($54,440). That's a $19k price difference on MSRP. Then start chipping away on body work, wheel/tire upgrades, engine upgrades, suspension upgrades, etc.

Grega0121

Reaction score
Lol, well ok, a $36k truck is no comparison. I was comparing base TRX ($73,380) to base Rebel 4x4 Hemi ($54,440). That's a $19k price difference on MSRP. Then start chipping away on body work, wheel/tire upgrades, engine upgrades, suspension upgrades, etc.
Gotcha - Yeah I should have made it clear in the post that I wasn’t curious about pricing, I’m looking for folks who know about what parts will transfer over. Not interested in a numbers war

Grega0121

Reaction score
Looks like we should probably put this thread to rest until TRX parts are floating around nicely

Users who are viewing this thread