5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX front end swap on Rebel

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The TRX has a 6" wider track (front and rear) than a Rebel. You'd have to put a LOT of spacers on to make a Rebel as wide as the TRX.
That's only 3" on each side. Easily done with different offset wheels. I see Rams driving around all the time with wheels/tires that stick further out each side than that

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol there’s no way you are getting 1000HP from a 5.7L Hemi!
You could, but most people won’t stomach the cost of what’s involved to have the block handle those numbers.

myejeep

Reaction score
Just a heads up the rebel and TRX front bumpers are not the same, but very very similar. The main differences are the closeout panels on either side, they are flared out a little more, and the TRX has holes cut in the side of the metal section of the bumper where the larger TRX flares cover. I ran into this issue trying to use a TRX bumper on my rebel because mine was scratched up pretty good. After swapping the TRX side closeout panels with Rebel ones I am stuck with these big holes on the side that are a bit unsightly. Trying to come up with a solution by putting amber lights behind the holes or something to that effect. unnamed.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up the rebel and TRX front bumpers are not the same, but very very similar. The main differences are the closeout panels on either side, they are flared out a little more, and the TRX has holes cut in the side of the metal section of the bumper where the larger TRX flares cover. I ran into this issue trying to use a TRX bumper on my rebel because mine was scratched up pretty good. After swapping the TRX side closeout panels with Rebel ones I am stuck with these big holes on the side that are a bit unsightly. Trying to come up with a solution by putting amber lights behind the holes or something to that effect. View attachment 121154
Any decent body shop could weld those holes closed. Could attach something on the back side and use body filler. Or just make a flat piece of thin material that can fit on outside.

myejeep

Reaction score
Any decent body shop could weld those holes closed. Could attach something on the back side and use body filler. Or just make a flat piece of thin material that can fit on outside.
I'm sure you're right about that, however, I think I'd likely be better off financially just selling the bumper and picking up the correct Rebel bumper through craigslist or something like that. They come up every once in a while for $400-$500 which is significantly less than any local body shop would charge me to weld, fill, and repaint/powder coat the bumper.

Someone on another thread also mentioned the idea of having a small panel 3d printed to fill the hole which would be cool, but again costly and time-consuming.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure you're right about that, however, I think I'd likely be better off financially just selling the bumper and picking up the correct Rebel bumper through craigslist or something like that. They come up every once in a while for $400-$500 which is significantly less than any local body shop would charge me to weld, fill, and repaint/powder coat the bumper.

Someone on another thread also mentioned the idea of having a small panel 3d printed to fill the hole which would be cool, but again costly and time-consuming.
Could maybe find a reflector that is big enough to cover the holes and fits the bumper some?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think you should install rocket launchers in those recesses

sdownes80

Reaction score
Lol there’s no way you are getting 1000HP from a 5.7L Hemi!
It can be done with some work had mine rebuilt .30 over pro comp charger forage piston upgrad the piston arm almost done with it should be about 900 this is my second build first build on .20 over I was over 700 they told me on the dyno so it can. E done just some work and cost

edgarrian

Reaction score
If you just pay for the upfront cost of a TRX it would make more sense in the end. Ive been down the road of buying a car and then spending the money on performance and looks. I purchased a 2007 Mustang GT new. There isn't a thing left on that car thats stock. It would have been cheaper and better to just buy a GT 500. Technically my car is built better than a GT 500 and I have been to the track and lit them up at the track. So i guess thats nice. I Have more power than them. At any rate. If you are casual enthusiast. Just pay for it

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If price isn't the major concern, but enjoyment of the project, it could be a great thing to take on. If that's the case, go for it.

But if you are considering things like resale in several years, I probably wouldn't do it. The depreciation vs an actual base TRX won't likely come close. Better to put that money into a TRX, much better long term investment.

Users who are viewing this thread