5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX $91,000!

U

User_3336

Window sticker says 10mpg.

Annual fuel cost $5050. Will cost $12,750 more in fuel over 5 years.

dunehiker

Reaction score
With them selling so far above MSRP I'm curious how well they'll hold their value. Never looked at the Hellcat cars, maybe they they don't depreciate as fast?

Or put another way, since it competes directly against the Ford Raptor, will it hold its value as well as the Raptor?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What a beast of a truck. Looks killer.

93k is a little out of my pay grade. lol I honestly don't think I would be able to afford the gas bill anyways. That truck sucks down gas like it's going out of style. :devilish:
Does anyone know of these trucks have a gas guzzler tax? My previous car did and my new did as well.
What a sham gas-guzzler tax is! I had to pay that when I bought my SRT Challenger...it got better mileage than either this truck or the wife's Explorer!

90goldtsiawd

Reaction score
My dealership I work/sell at here in NJ was given 5 allocations for the year and we sold 4 as soon as orders were allowed to be placed. We have one unit left available still in production with a MSRP of $96,235 with just about every option checked coming in Hydro Blue. We don't sell over MSRP which is why we only have 1 left available. Trust me there are plenty of people who have no issues spending this much on a truck. 2 of the sold builds were $96k and change as well.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My dealership I work/sell at here in NJ was given 5 allocations for the year and we sold 4 as soon as orders were allowed to be placed. We have one unit left available still in production with a MSRP of $96,235 with just about every option checked coming in Hydro Blue. We don't sell over MSRP which is why we only have 1 left available. Trust me there are plenty of people who have no issues spending this much on a truck. 2 of the sold builds were $96k and change as well.
I'd be right there but the lotto ticket didn't win.

TheMadDutchDude

Reaction score
My dealer sold five of them to one buyer. I bet that they’re flipping them. It’s my dream to own one... never mind the Vette and whatever else. I want this truck! :D

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'd be right there but the lotto ticket didn't win.
My dealer sold five of them to one buyer. I bet that they’re flipping them. It’s my dream to own one... never mind the Vette and whatever else. I want this truck! :D
5 to one buyer, yep likely reselling. You'd think RAM would try to control that somehow. But then, maybe he hit the Lotto and has uhh, 5 brothers.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I should of looked, I didn't. lol
Thanks.

I wasn't 100% sure because this truck has the infamous Hellcat engine which does get the gas guzzler tax on the Hellcat cars.
I "assume" this beast sucks down just as much, if not more, gas than those Hellcat cars.

Vastly more than those cars. That extra weight an aero does wonders for gulping down massive amounts of fuel.

tones2SS

Reaction score
What a sham gas-guzzler tax is! I had to pay that when I bought my SRT Challenger...it got better mileage than either this truck or the wife's Explorer!
Amen brother!!!
Big time sham! On my second car with a gas guzzler tax.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
I balked on a Black Widow for $85K (which was actually a good deal, considering the prices seen elsewhere around the country). I got my Limited Longhorn fairly cheap at around $50K ($64K, minus my 2012 Lonestar trade-in for $14K) so I guess I'm not freaking out too much about it. It's just amazing how much things have gone up over time. Jan '97, we moved into our home for $66.5K... and now the tax assessor says it's worth over $230K. I shouldn't feel too weird about it, I guess... but this IS only the 3rd vehicle (aside from her cars) that I've paid more than $20K for... and they've all been Rams. Using a similar scale to the fuzzy math with the house, my trucks have actually gotten cheaper over the years - proportionally, not realistically. LOL!!

TRXs are neat, and I love the pushed-out fenders/wheel wells... but I'm just not THAT much in love my cars.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a great deal on one ;)

Holy cow that’s crazy! That’s like a $50k markup! And they didn’t even put a picture of a TRX on the listing.

Kaderast

Reaction score
I don't know, just a bit (lot) excessive. My 2 cents....anyone driving a truck that big and expensive is probably lacking something else in their life they are compensating for.....

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, just a bit (lot) excessive. My 2 cents....anyone driving a truck that big and expensive is probably lacking something else in their life they are compensating for.....

Entirely possible in some cases, but in many, its just people's priorities. There are all types; some its the house, some its quantity of things (hoarders), some its just a few things (but they're really nice), for some its making sure the church gets 50% of their money, etc. etc.

I know a farmer or two that have a really nice house, and lots of $$$ in the bank, but they only buy one semi-nice car at most. The others are all one or two steps from the salvage yard, they will not put money into a depreciating asset.

If I had been smart, I would have done what the one guy mentioned above did, and take out a large loan for half a dozen TRXs. Then took them to areas where they were selling high, marked them up $25k-$50k or more, and resold them. 🤑

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/