5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRX $91,000!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know, just a bit (lot) excessive. My 2 cents....anyone driving a truck that big and expensive is probably lacking something else in their life they are compensating for.....
Hence the Bighorn nomenclature, for people secure with their horn. So, what made you get the 5.7 instead of the 3.6?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Local dealer to me had 1 with sticker price of 85k and an ask price of 102k!!! How is that even legal!
When I'd gone to the local stealership with the '21 Black Widow listed for $59,505, I saw that price online and had printed listings from AutoTrader.com, CarGurus.com, and even their own website! When I asked the salesman why they were letting it go for just $60K, he said, "Oh no - it's $85K." Excuse Me?! I have 3 separate online listings here that say you only want $59,505, and he said something about not being able to list the final price because the Black Widow package is an aftermarket package from SCA Performance. I was pretty much done at that point, but my buddy said I should've been more aggressive and fought for it at that price. I did talk to a lawyer friend of mine later that day and he said that I could indeed take up issue with it, but would most likely lose that battle (as I suspected - my buddy just likes these kinds of challenges).

Technically, it does violate the fair trade laws to list it for 'X,' and not divulge that its asking price is 'Y,' since it IS a bait & switch tactic, however I'm sure the stealership has run through all of the legalese and loopholes to make sure someone off the street can't just call B.S. and win. It's just not worth the legal battle, either, as I'm sure the fees would wind up costing more than the difference in the price between the listing and what they really want. Oh well... I'm pretty sure I now know why that truck had been sitting on the lot for over 120 days.

I liken it to setting a reserve at an auction: if you won't accept less than your [secretive] reserve, then don't start the bidding any lower. As soon as I see "Reserve Not Met," I'm out - pisses me off that bad. It feels dishonest to me.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know, just a bit (lot) excessive. My 2 cents....anyone driving a truck that big and expensive is probably lacking something else in their life they are compensating for.....

Wow that's original :rolleyes:

People in cars/hybrids etc probably say the same thing about pickup drivers in general (since most of us don't really need pickups, just want them and myself included for the most part), so I'm sure people have said the same thing about you.

To add to the thread, some of these mark ups are crazy. Not surprising to see a mark up in this kind of situation, but some of the amounts or circumstances I have heard about on here are ridiculous. Crazy also to see non trx trim levels getting marked up in certain areas as well, hell someone posted a kia on here the other day that had I think a $5k markup on it.

Last edited:

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
'Envy' is such an ugly little monster, and usually the root of such comments (especially when rolling around in pretty much the same vehicle with maybe fewer accoutrements).

I've always felt that a proper 4x4 truck should at least be taller than its driver... and I'm 6'5", so...

But as far as expense goes, everybody has different spending thresholds - one size, definitely does not fit all. I know spending north of $90K on a vehicle is out of my comfort zone... but when I consider how much I've spent between my '71 Mach 1 and '80 CJ-7, I could've easily bought it outright.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m enjoying this thread. LOL Me and my small pp paid MSRP. No dealer markup.….
Good for you, I don't understand the level of butthurt with some people. Who GAF what other choose to spend their money on? I mean people have million dollar second homes, boats, spend millions on paintings or baseball cards etc.

HeavyRotation

Reaction score
Good for you, I don't understand the level of butthurt with some people. Who GAF what other choose to spend their money on? I mean people have million dollar second homes, boats, spend millions on paintings or baseball cards etc.
Boat owners are all masochist, now if you'll excuse me I need to go work on my boat.

mffdvr

Reaction score
I test-drove a USED '21 TRX in red at an Acura dealership (Seattle) about 6 weeks ago, as I started my truck investigation. It had 2,700 miles on it...they were asking $119k. :eek: Truly a beast...interesting adventure keeping it between the lines. LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread