5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TruckTrend RAM 1500 FINAL LONG-TERM TEST REPORT

Bas

Reaction score
Just read through the series and appreciate the write-up. With an average of 12.6 mpg that diesel is starting to look way more interesting.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just read through the series and appreciate the write-up. With an average of 12.6 mpg that diesel is starting to look way more interesting.
Diesel's have their issues too my friend. I drive my RAM like a crazy man and I average around 15. Not great, but what I expected based on the way I drive and totally acceptable.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So true, a Prius it is then o_O
Ha ha! I have both (2020 1500 DT Ecodiesel and an old Prius). Each has their mission statement, each is a tool that is to be used appropriately. I use the Prius for short trips in town, the Ram for any highway driving, hauling, etc. Of course the Ram is two orders of magnitude nicer to drive and nicer to have, but the Prius helps protect the Ecodiesel's exhaust emissions gear from being ruined by in-town service.
I'm lucky and thankful to have both of them, each for its intended purpose.
BTW, the Prius gets 45 MPG in-town, so far the Ram (only 2k miles) has gotten 23-25 MPG, roughly 50-50 mix highway-city. I drive both moderately.

Users who are viewing this thread