5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck wont start due to electrical problems

ItHadToBeElectrical

Reaction score
I Have a ram 1500 2019 5.7 whenever you try and start it up nothing happens but the dash lighting up and it turning on the security control module light.

The dealership has replaced the security control module , ecm , pcm , i have a new fob , and have upgraded my battery to the highest voltage one my vehicle was recommended, everytime its worked on its got about 3 days to a week of time that it will no longer start without a code reader erasing codes and switching it to the on position hoping that the push to start button will finally come on , dealer also cleaned all grounds . And kept vehicle for 2 months. At this point the best bet i have is disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for about a half hour while everything comes back on in which everything will work normal for a few days

Code that shows at the moment is U0100

Anyone have any ideas ? Thanks for ya'lls time

ItHadToBeElectrical

Reaction score
I Have a ram 1500 2019 5.7 whenever you try and start it up nothing happens but the dash lighting up and it turning on the security control module light.

The dealership has replaced the security control module , ecm , pcm , i have a new fob , and have upgraded my battery to the highest voltage one my vehicle was recommended, everytime its worked on its got about 3 days to a week of time that it will no longer start without a code reader erasing codes and switching it to the on position hoping that the push to start button will finally come on , dealer also cleaned all grounds . And kept vehicle for 2 months. At this point the best bet i have is disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for about a half hour while everything comes back on in which everything will work normal for a few days

Code that shows at the moment is U0100

Also new issues as of lately after i got it back from the dealer , when using automatic ac for too long on a hot day vs max ac all traffic proximity sensors go out and all my dash and u connect screens dim, or when it starts picking up codes again It gets stuck with the blinker blinking right no matter what direction its in , and my automatic high beams no longer work unless in manual

Thanks for ya'lls time

Users who are viewing this thread