5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Will not shut off

Kennydoyle

Reaction score
When I got home from work today and pushed the start/stop button my 2019 1500 (new body) wouldn’t turn off. Called the dealer and they had me pull the ASD fuse and said to try again later. I also disconnected the battery because all accessories were still on. I then when back and installed fuse and battery. All accessories come on without pushing button but truck will not start and button will not turn off accessories. Has anyone had this issue before. Dealer says I need to be towed in to them.

410DelmonicoSport

Reaction score
This happened to me the other day. I just kept mashing the start button until it finally shut off, took about 10 minutes. I also noticed that my passive entry wouldn’t work on the door, but if I hit lock or unlock on the fob, those would work. Tried searching but all I found were people not being able to start the truck. Mine has been fine ever since though.

Kennydoyle

Reaction score
This happened to me the other day. I just kept mashing the start button until it finally shut off, took about 10 minutes. I also noticed that my passive entry wouldn’t work on the door, but if I hit lock or unlock on the fob, those would work. Tried searching but all I found were people not being able to start the truck. Mine has been fine ever since though.
That happened the other day. Now I have nothing. Waiting on a tow truck to the dealership. Truck isn’t even a year old. Not happy

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I got home from work today and pushed the start/stop button my 2019 1500 (new body) wouldn’t turn off. Called the dealer and they had me pull the ASD fuse and said to try again later. I also disconnected the battery because all accessories were still on. I then when back and installed fuse and battery. All accessories come on without pushing button but truck will not start and button will not turn off accessories. Has anyone had this issue before. Dealer says I need to be towed in to them.

I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, Kenny. If you are in need of any additional support when addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Kennydoyle

Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, Kenny. If you are in need of any additional support when addressing this with your dealer, our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares
Thank you! Last I heard the part needed to fix the problem is not available until June. They’ve had the truck since Feb. 11th. They are now trying to find another way to fix the problem without waiting until June

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you! Last I heard the part needed to fix the problem is not available until June. They’ve had the truck since Feb. 11th. They are now trying to find another way to fix the problem without waiting until June

Hey Kenny, thanks for the follow up! Would you mind private messaging me with your VIN? I would like to look into this further on my end for you as well!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread