5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck stays outdoors, what's would you suggest for maintenance?

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
I had a body man tell me you don't want to seal the paint before it's cured fully. He said to wait 3-4 months. Even the way they are baked at the factory. I don't know but it made sense to me. Of course the build date will give you needed info on that also.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wives van is a 12 MY. I’ve been waxing her headlights(that doesn’t sound right lol)when I wax the van with no issues with them to this day. Will that be a safe practice on the led lenses around my ram 19 MY? South West TX sun kills the headlights.

Powerman1960

Reaction score
Hey all, my new truck will have to stay outside because my garage isn't big enough.

Here in Missouri we get it all. Blazing hot summers. Cold winter's with ice, snow, road salt.

What's a good preventative plan for upkeep when it comes to a truck that stays outside year round?

I know I don't want to leave road salt on it, so wash it asap after bad weather but what about other small things I may be missing?

I've never had a vehicle waxed, do you guys wax yours? If so, at any particular frequency?

Thanks!
Tropez, I live in south Mississippi, with extreme humidity and summertime temps 95+. I do have a garage to keep my truck in, but, I'm anal when it comes to keeping the paint waxed and easier to keep clean. I use McGuire's Gold Class paste wax every month or so, and compliment it in between waxing with a product called Topcoat. Topcoat is a water-based polish/sealant and is available online. I have used these two products for several years and they both work great against the elements. This Topcoat sealant may help you with the salt, it definitely makes it easier to wash. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread