5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck newbie, still searching

TSL

Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck! I think you made the right choice given how much gas prices are up!
Do you still plan on getting a camper for it and the one question every one loves to ask… what’s your payload!?
Indeed, that is "the question" !! I'm going to post the sticker on the "post your payload sticker" thread, but it's 1398 with max towing of 9600. I know the payload's actually a more important number though, I've learned that much here ! I didn't get RamBoxes or the sun / moon roof so I think I saved some payload there, although I did get the side steps and 33gal tank
My first build, with the Hemi Etorque was 1374 payload. Everything identical except the drive train between the two builds. The Hemi had 11,274 max towing, but I dunno how you would do that with 1374 payload, except maybe with one skinny guy driving and nothing else in the truck !
We're still talking about a camper....well.... my wife is talking about a camper while I'm saying "how about we pay off the truck first" :)
I'd love an off-road tear-drop (I've got a Rebel truck now !), or a Roof Top Tent on the back of the truck, but realistically for the family we need something bigger.
We might finish up with a used pop-up camper as a starter for a year or two, as long as we can find something that is not a clapped-out 25 yr old Coleman with leaking canvas !

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Congrats on finally receiving it, good looking truck!

Users who are viewing this thread