5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck Cover

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
WeatherFit™ Platinum Truck Cover
Item# Truck|PF|11364|WFP|SC|35a8knnz
$159.50 USD1$159.50 US

Price is up a little. Not a perfect fit but right now I'm pleased. Had snow and rain so far, dried out fine, no issues that I can see.

Attachments

• Ram cover 1.jpg
    Ram cover 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Ram cover 2.jpg
    Ram cover 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Ram cover 3.jpg
    Ram cover 3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 17

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Covers can be very hard on the paint if the liner is not made of the correct material, and in a windy situation, the cover is not good for the paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Covers can be very hard on the paint if the liner is not made of the correct material, and in a windy situation, the cover is not good for the paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT - Plan A - no cover
2019 Ram 1500 - Plan B - cover

Amount of salt deposited on NYC streets by past and current administration leaves a "salt storm" effect on the Ram until some heavy rains do a flush on the streets. Air quality, pollen season, bird droppings, road construction (gas, water lines) and contaminants in air also add to the paint decline. I try to keep a good coat of wax on the truck and hopefully that will curtail some potential wind/cover damage.

The Ram is not my daily driver so I only pull the cover when going on longer excursions and is not an issue at this point.

Neighbor has been putting covers on 2 of his cars for years and his experience convinced me to give it a shot. It was a pleasure to pull the cover and have a clean vehicle. Right now I'm pleased and will try to keep the post updated with any negative issues.

Plan C could be a 2 car garage but in NYC I could buy a new Laramie for less. Talked to a neighbor a year or so ago and it was a $65,000 price tag. Building a garage requires percolation tests, dry wells, permits and all licensed and insured contractors. Built my own house 30+ years ago but mini mike bloombucks changed all that while mayor making it a lot more difficult/impossible and expensive to do your own building and also live in NYC. I think mini mike's plan was to fund the NYC Building Department via fines.

Attachments

• Ram 2001 Dodge paint 1.jpg
    Ram 2001 Dodge paint 1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Ram 2001 Dodge paint 2.jpg
    Ram 2001 Dodge paint 2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread