5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truck bed divider missing?

Piterski

Reaction score
Hi all.
I picked up my Ram Rebel 2022 with Ramboxes, bed utility group and multifunction tailgate.
According to that website I should have cargo divider. It is on the equipment list.
My Vin 1C6SRFLT5NN112172.
Page 6 Optional Equipment says: Truck Bed Cargo Divider.
Dealer told me if I want it I need to pay extra. It isn’t included.

What do you think guys? Did they remove it? I don’t understand why FAC put it on the list if it’s not included?
Regards.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Appears to be a shady dealer.

Unless something changed with the MY22 Rams, you should have the divider included with the BUG and Ramboxes. It's on your build sheet so I'd demand it be produced. They aren't cheap. Maybe contact @RamCares if the dealer refuses.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope dealer should eat the cost if it’s on the buildsheet it’s included, sure seems like maybe someone else grabbed it maybe a salesman or another buyer that wanted it for his or her truck. It’s not uncommon to do what you have to make a sale if your a salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
sure seems like maybe someone else grabbed it maybe a salesman or another buyer that wanted it for his or her truck. It’s not uncommon to do what you have to make a sale if your a salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is pretty common. I've experienced it a couple of times. Like already mentioned, if it's on the buildsheet you're entitled to one. Make sure they key it for you as well so you can lock it in place.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It should have come with it, the only thing you won't get are the studs/attachment point on the rear of bed to make it a extender instead of just a divider.

Piterski

Reaction score
I talked with my dealer And show him printed equipment list. After couple minutes manager said: it’s pretty common thing that they got tucks from manufacture without bed divider. They are going to bring me it without any cost. It seems all good.

Last edited:

magic280z

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. Dealer replaced without issue. Make sure they order the lock kit and key to match. This took a second trip and if they are fighting you now better to get it all up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I talked with my dealer And show him printed equipment list. After couple minutes manager said: it’s pretty common thing that they got tucks from manufacture without bed divider. They are going to bring me it without any cost. It seems all good.
He lied to you to try and cover his butt. It's not common at all. If you get the BUG and Rambox options the factory will include a bed divider. What is common is what's been talked about already, the fact that sales staff will do anything to make a sale. And if a customer is asking/demanding something that the next truck on the lot has, they'll grab it for them to make the sale.

Most sales staff don't know enough about what they sell to know what should come with all the different package options available to customers. Bed dividers automatically came with the Rambox option on 4th gens. They changed that with the 5th gens, which caught many of us off guard (myself included). When I was buying the 2020 Laramie I used to have, it was off the lot. It had the Rambox option but not the BUG. So no bed divider. When I mentioned something about it the sales rep said he'd just grab one from another truck. I stopped him from doing that and ordered one, with the lock cylinder. After some quick research he told me it's because I didn't get the BUG. They ended up splitting the cost of a new one with me. Which was good. The full cost was almost $1100 with the lock cylinder kit and bed extender pegs.

Users who are viewing this thread