5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Vroom Sale

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carvana has a little better seamless process. Is there a reason why VROOM was preferred?

My personal experience was carvana was usually the lowest offer I got out of those 3 (carvana/vroom/autonation). Towards the end they were a good $5,000-$6,000 lower than the offers I was getting from vroom/autonation.

I didn't love the idea of vroom taking my truck without paying me, so I was happy autonation ended up being the highest bidder. I did have to drive it 3 hours to them, but I left with a check that day.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
on the west coast and growing rapidly is a new player named SHIFT Automotive. From what I hear they are worth checking out. That said, when I went to sell my Nissan Titan, I did way way better selling myself than Carmax, Vroom or Shift.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I finally got a hold of someone today that was able to help me, he said that the check was cut today and will be going out fedex , I should see an email with the tracking number tomorrow. I don’t know what happened and at this point I don’t care as long as I get that email. Just want it to be over with

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I sold mine to Auto Nation. While Vroom was the highest offer, I didn't like the fact they took the truck and the check was in the mail process. I took my Ram to the closest Auto Nation location and left with a check in hand.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
on the west coast and growing rapidly is a new player named SHIFT Automotive. From what I hear they are worth checking out. That said, when I went to sell my Nissan Titan, I did way way better selling myself than Carmax, Vroom or Shift.
A good friend just had a HORRIBLE experience with Shift.
  1. They pick up a perfectly functioning car
  2. Friend waits for a check
  3. Shift emails and informs her that the car has frame damage from the last accident
  4. Friend says it's never been in an accident. Also points out that the stereo visible in the photos wasn't in her car. In other words, the car they're emailing about isn't her car.
  5. Shift goes quiet, then replies saying they can't find her car
  6. Friend points out that they have a contract and they took possession of the car, and they owe her a check
  7. Friend comes out of the house one day to find her car parked in a fire lane and the pink sip, etc. in her mailbox. No word from Shift
  8. She turns on the car to find brake master cylinder and other warning lights on. Car is now not drivable
  9. Still no word from Shift

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Decided to check Vroom to see what they were trying to sell my ecodiesel for about a month ago and they had it for $50,200. Checked again today out of curiosity and it’s still for sale and they have dropped it to $48,499. They gave me $47,200 for it. after all the paperwork, shipping it to Texas, inspecting it, detailing it, listing it etc.. I don’t see how they haven’t lost money on it already.

dwalme

Reaction score
You can't look at an individual sale. You need to look at sales in aggregate.

You win some, you lose some, but over time they will win more than lose. Or at least that's what the data tells them.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can't look at an individual sale. You need to look at sales in aggregate.

You win some, you lose some, but over time they will win more than lose. Or at least that's what the data tells them.
Oh I understand that, just saying on mine specifically they are going to lose

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I understand that, just saying on mine specifically they are going to lose
They could also be counting on all of the BS extras during the sale, ceramic coating, paint film, maintenance package, warranty etc.

fatfree

Reaction score
Did you finally get your check? I’m in the same boat. They took my title and truck then ghosted me since. Truck for sale on the site and I have no payment.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't recall any issues with my Vroom sale. Picked my Jeep up and it was paid off with a balance sent to me in no time. Guess everyone is different.

That being said, I sold my Frontier to Carmax. Heck, I hit a deer, rather it hit me as it crashed into the side of my truck. Got $6k from insurance, took it to Carmax still dented up and they gave me $6400. Over $12k for a wrecked 4 cylinder 2wd 2012 Frontier with 150k miles and two other accidents on record? I took it and moved on to my Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread