5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trip Information Screen Barely Legible For Limited Blue Template

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As the title states, if you use the Limited Blue Template for your UConnect 12inch console, the information is presented in blue color on black background. It is hard to read under the best circumstances. I know that the coloring is to fit the theme, but for safety and legibility, it would be better for the information to be presented in the same white lettering as is on the screen to designate what the information is for. If others on this forum agree, perhaps Ram Care could address it with FCA

Last edited:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you know you could change the color in the display settings.

No, you can change the theme in the display settings, which will change the color, but also the background of both screens, the font type, and the overall look of the screens. I want the look (and colors) of the Limited Theme, just with a font color that doesn't wash out. It would be a simple change to make the blue text brighter on the black background. And for the record, none of the theme's have great readability when it comes to the text near the top of the 12" screen on a black background.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I contacted Ram Care several minutes ago regarding the poor visibility of the Uconnect screen when blue lettering and numbering is used on black background. I wanted to open a case number and get my concern to the software engineers, but according to the representative this issue has been recognized by FCA and will be corrected in an over the air software update in January 2019. I truly hope they have it fixed, because I used the navigation for a short trip on Thursday and it was extremely hard to read the changing information safely.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I contacted Ram Care several minutes ago regarding the poor visibility of the Uconnect screen when blue lettering and numbering is used on black background. I wanted to open a case number and get my concern to the software engineers, but according to the representative this issue has been recognized by FCA and will be corrected in an over the air software update in January 2019. I truly hope they have it fixed, because I used the navigation for a short trip on Thursday and it was extremely hard to read the changing information safely.
How do I contact Ram Cares? There is an issue where the "skip channel" function for sirius simply does not exist even though its listed as an option in the manual and available on uconnect for the past 6 years.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I contact Ram Cares? There is an issue where the "skip channel" function for sirius simply does not exist even though its listed as an option in the manual and available on uconnect for the past 6 years.

I went to the Dodge RamCare website, logged in, and scrolled down to the bottom of the page. Located a link that allowed me to chat live with a RamCare rep.

Users who are viewing this thread