5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tri fold hard cover to short?

Mopar21

Reaction score
I have a rebel with rambox and multi tail gate, I have the Mopar trifold hard bed cover installed by the dealer and seems like the end of the bed cover doesn’t meet up or overlap the tailgate at all. Water gets in, this is my first pick up truck. Is this normal or is it possible they installed it to far up?

Thank you

Also anyone have any ideas for the rambox /tailgate gap?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues here, rambox and tri fold cover as well.

I'd check the fit by the cab. It sounds like it's over that end a bit too far.

This isn't my favorite cover by far, but it works. My last three trucks (2 F150s and a non rambox Ram) have had soft roll up covers I was able to get watertight (a bit of caulk in the rail corners sealed it them up nice).

Mopar21

Reaction score
No issues here, rambox and tri fold cover as well.

I'd check the fit by the cab. It sounds like it's over that end a bit too far.

This isn't my favorite cover by far, but it works. My last three trucks (2 F150s and a non rambox Ram) have had soft roll up covers I was able to get watertight (a bit of caulk in the rail corners sealed it them up nice).
Thank you, is it hard to adjust? And did you do anything to prevent water coming in the gap at the end of the tailgate because of the ram boxes?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a LoPro soft rollup - Rambox and MFT - no water gets in. There should be rubber seals at the end of teh tailgate. If not I think somebody in this forum linked where you can buy some that fit the gap exactly.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you, is it hard to adjust? And did you do anything to prevent water coming in the gap at the end of the tailgate because of the ram boxes?
It's very easy to adjust, the front is held on with two clamps like the rear.

I did not seal mine up.

Here's some options, though.

Or one of these...
f7c5b951dde91fbc2c5a545fdfe2ff9b.jpg
23daf73277ad7428e37524f063bb3268.jpg

Last edited:

barrak

Reaction score
The foam seal that came with my BAKFlip was half exposed at cab side and degraded pretty quick due to sun exposure. I would use rubber seals for this application, not foam.

Mopar21

Reaction score
It's very easy to adjust, the front is held on with two clamps like the rear.

I did not seal mine up.

Here's some options, though.

Or one of these...
f7c5b951dde91fbc2c5a545fdfe2ff9b.jpg
23daf73277ad7428e37524f063bb3268.jpg
Thank you. Have you bought from them before? Ramseal?

Users who are viewing this thread