5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRD Tundra Traded for Rebel (Comparison)

edgarrian

Reaction score
Coming from my double cab Tundra TRD to the rebel has been a good move. The truck seems heavier and rides better. The interstate I take has about 20 miles continuous dips that were noticeable in the tundra. In the rebel not nearly as much. Id say this has a lot to do with the fact that the truck is a crew cab. So its a big longer. I had hands free in the Tundra but my wife never came in all that great. It would seem as if she would get cut off mid word. I would almost every time take it off the hands free and use the phone to talk to people. Really annoying. With the rebel the hands free is much better. I can hear my wife as if she is in the truck. The cabin of the Tundra doesn't even compare to the rebel. The seats are also more comfortable. The tundras were a bit hard.

I do miss having my shifter. I could also gear select with it and i often do this b/c of the switch backs I drive so it really just made that easier. I did use the rebels gear select switches. Which worked fine. Just have to get use to it I guess.

The Tundra was a 2014 so it was 5 years old and still ran well. Needed the battery changed which is typical. Im glad i made the trade. I got 22k for it. I thought I did well there. Anyway thought id give some input on this.

Neokane

Reaction score
I am shopping around to trade in my 2013 Tundra Rock Warrior for a rebel as well.
I am glad you are liking yours!
I have driven one, and it makes the dated tundras look even more dated!!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also came from a Tundra, was yours the TRD Off Road or the TRD Pro? (2015 was the first year for the pro so I'm assuming no)

Mine was a 2010 TRD Off Road and I loved that truck, worked the hell out of it and it took the beating well. Started finally showing some signs at around 150k miles. Love my Ram too, the biggest thing I miss about the Tundra is the engine and how stable it was during towing. I think I need to upgrade the Ram's sway bars and it'll be comparable. Obviously the Ram is much smoother in the ride dept though.

rebel420

Reaction score
I had an 07 Tundra then a 15 Tundra lifted 4x4 and now I'm loving my 19 Rebel beyond enough said

edgarrian

Reaction score
I also came from a Tundra, was yours the TRD Off Road or the TRD Pro? (2015 was the first year for the pro so I'm assuming no)

Mine was a 2010 TRD Off Road and I loved that truck, worked the hell out of it and it took the beating well. Started finally showing some signs at around 150k miles. Love my Ram too, the biggest thing I miss about the Tundra is the engine and how stable it was during towing. I think I need to upgrade the Ram's sway bars and it'll be comparable. Obviously the Ram is much smoother in the ride dept though.

Mine was the TRD Off Road. What exactly is different with the Pro's. A guy at work got one and i haven't had a chance to check it out.

edgarrian

Reaction score
I should add that mpg is basically the same as I didnt expect any difference. I set cruise at 75 and i believe I was at 15 or 15.5 which is basically what the tundra got

Neokane

Reaction score
I'm getting around 13.5 in my tundra right now. Mostly highway, but 4.10 rear end in the rock warrior. So a rebel sounds like it would be an improvement!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was the TRD Off Road. What exactly is different with the Pro's. A guy at work got one and i haven't had a chance to check it out.
I should add that mpg is basically the same as I didnt expect any difference. I set cruise at 75 and i believe I was at 15 or 15.5 which is basically what the tundra got

I got 13 cit and 17-18 highway in my tundra before i did a level and heavy tires. In my ram I'm hovering around 14-15 mixed driving, and nowhere near the rated 22mpg on the highway... But anyway, the TRD Pro Tundra's have a factory 2" front lift, and either Bilsten or Fox shocks depending on year, that are tuned for longer travel and high speed desert like conditions. Not necessarily a Raptor competitor, more like 80% of the way there. The regular TRD Off Road trucks just come with extra skid plates, bilstein 4600 shocks, and different tires compared to a non TRD Off Road truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online