5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission problems

jwnelson3

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram bighorn 1500 with 3500 miles in it. 5.7 engine.
I was leaving a parking lot and while in the turn it seemed like the tranny jumped a gear and would not go. The engine was at over 1000 rpms. Here is the kicker, the gear indicator showed that it was in D9! (It's an 8 gear transmission!) I put it in Park then back to drive to get it back to normal. I am at the dealer right now and thet are looking at it.My belief is that it cannot be duplicated and they will send me on my way. Anyone else have this D9 issue?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jwnelson3

Reaction score
I was leaving a parking lot and while in the turn it seemed like the tranny jumped a gear and would not go. The engine was at over 1000 rpms. Here is the kicker, the gear indicator showed that it was in D9! (It's an 8 gear transmission!) I put it in Park then back to drive to get it back to normal. I am at the dealer right now and thet are looking at it.My belief is that it cannot be duplicated and they will send me on my way. Anyone else have this D9 issue?

Dealer could not replicate. He flashed the eprom. I hope that fixed it.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi jwnelson3,

Glad to hear you were able to address this with your dealer! If you experience this or any other concerns down the road, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread