5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission or normal?

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
I've notice with my 2020 Bighorn that when I'm almost at a complete stop I feel a bump like weight is shifting forward or trans is slightly slipping. Starting off again I feel that same thing but almost like weight is shifting back with a slight bump. It's hard to explain but I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue. I don't have any shifting issues. Maybe a brake issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Eee

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do a search for “transmission bump” and you’ll read all about it. Nothing to be worried about as some do it and some don’t. If you’re concerned, have the dealer check it out as they have software programming they can do which can reduce/eliminate it.

dlrsavannah

Reaction score
Do a search for “transmission bump” and you’ll read all about it. Nothing to be worried about as some do it and some don’t. If you’re concerned, have the dealer check it out as they have software programming they can do which can reduce/eliminate it.
Thanks for the info!!

MickeyG

Reaction score
I've notice with my 2020 Bighorn that when I'm almost at a complete stop I feel a bump like weight is shifting forward or trans is slightly slipping. Starting off again I feel that same thing but almost like weight is shifting back with a slight bump. It's hard to explain but I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar issue. I don't have any shifting issues. Maybe a brake issue? Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same issue with my 2019 big horn 2019. Truck went to dealer (4/15 35k) acknowledging the problem. Replaced coupler and u-joint. Went away to show up again 10/18 46k mi. Dealer now says they cant identify problem after knowing that this is an intermittent problem. I have opened up a case with dodge corporate to intervene. I too believe this is a rear drive shaft lubrication with heavy duty axel grease across the whole internals of the 2 pieces of rear drive shaft.

Rollint

Reaction score
I have this problem with me 2020 Laramie. Would love to have it fixed because $60k vehicles shouldn't bump like you have a trailer hooked to it when you stop and take off

Eee

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get this problem fixed, I have same deal

Eee

Reaction score
Yes I have exact same issues my deal My dealer says problem can’t be fixed software issues Dodge knows about it they have no resolution

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
FYI: my '19 had the same issue. Service said it was loose body to chassis bolts. They re-torqued them and problem is gone.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely not normal, my 2019 RAM is the smoothest shifting vehicle I have, it downshifts and stops smoothly.

However I know some owners have to deal with that issue, but I can tell you for sure, it's not a trait in the design and it's something you shouldn't live with.

Users who are viewing this thread