5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission issues

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 big horn North with 2500 miles it does the same thing.
3000 miles on mine and it’s done it the last few days I left work, barley even touch the gas and revs up to 25000 rpm’s and doesn’t shift, and no I did not hit the - + buttons!

Shmam-20

Reaction score
Anyone ever experience a problem with the transmission not wanting to shift out of first? Last night I came out of a movie (1917 excellent by the way), and when I took off I notice the high rev issue I sometimes get. This time it didn't want to shift out of first. I pulled out into the street and it kept doing it. So I quickly pulled over and put her in park and back to drive and it went away. I haven't had it do it before but I have heard it rev weird sometimes. I also have had a thunk when I am going uphill and getting to the top and I let off on the gas that it clunks into gear. I have taken it to the dealer but they can't find any issues (of course). Any suggestions? I am starting to think it is something with the electronics because I also have days where I push the start button and nothing happens and days where the radio doesn't display. It is either because it is cold outside or its the electronics going haywire. 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 - 35875 miles
consider yourself lucky Same thing is happening to me but on a much higher scale started off with my truck randomly dying overnight jumpstarted got in because i was already running late then i noticed my truck failed to shift out of gear so i turned around for some reason none of the mark lights were working (the light that shows your in 2W or 4L or 4H) it was like the truck didnt know it was suppose to be driving i got home and my truck said “traction control has been disabled and 4x4 was no longer available” i figured it couldve been a fuse from jumping it since these new trucks are all computers and wires i found 1 fuse blown which was for (Front DRL) changed it out and my trucks been like this for a week my truck doesnt start anymore without a jumpstart and then i cant turn it off because it immediately kills the battery (yes i take it for a 30 min drive atleast to help the alternator charge the battery) and i have to turn it on and off and lock it just so it can shift and not stay on 1st im clueless ( SIDE NOTES- Tested my battery = GOOD / TESTED MY ALTERNATOR = GOOD / Miles - 35,864)

Ram BigHorn

Reaction score
Anyone ever experience a problem with the transmission not wanting to shift out of first? Last night I came out of a movie (1917 excellent by the way), and when I took off I notice the high rev issue I sometimes get. This time it didn't want to shift out of first. I pulled out into the street and it kept doing it. So I quickly pulled over and put her in park and back to drive and it went away. I haven't had it do it before but I have heard it rev weird sometimes. I also have had a thunk when I am going uphill and getting to the top and I let off on the gas that it clunks into gear. I have taken it to the dealer but they can't find any issues (of course). Any suggestions? I am starting to think it is something with the electronics because I also have days where I push the start button and nothing happens and days where the radio doesn't display. It is either because it is cold outside or its the electronics going haywire. 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 - 35875 miles

Happened to my 2019 B.H. with 7K miles. Pulled out from a stop, would not shift. Stopped placed in P then D and continued on. Only happened once. Returned from the dealer, of course they could not duplicate the problem but found software updates PCM and TCM. TCM update was to address transmission shift issues. No buttons were pushed on the steering wheel. No codes on the dash, no codes stored in the PCM.

Truck is one year old and had no issues. This is My 3rd Ram. IMG_5278.JPG

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happened to my 2019 B.H. with 7K miles. Pulled out from a stop, would not shift. Stopped placed in P then D and continued on. Only happened once. Returned from the dealer, of course they could not duplicate the problem but found software updates PCM and TCM. TCM update was to address transmission shift issues. No buttons were pushed on the steering wheel. No codes on the dash, no codes stored in the PCM.

Truck is one year old and had no issues. This is My 3rd Ram. View attachment 71020
Glad you have had no issues, mines been nothing but issues. New rack and pinion, new axles, tried a new drive shaft, tried new tires and rims, won’t hold balance since day one. I’ve asked for a new truck, but I really want my money back. I’ll go buy a real truck, after the way ram and 3 different dealers have treated me. No one has taken my concerns seriously, until I sent in a card from the lemon law book, which under Iowa law, they have well exceeded the attempts to fix the issue. $63,000 vibration er!

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dunkirk and 1917 to me weren't that good to me may be its the British directors or something..

oliver

Reaction score
Well sad to say I’ve been having issues since about 500 miles. Harmonious vibration at certain speeds. Dealer installed new driveshaft, drove it out with the same vib. Now the noise has started with the truck in park just after start . The noise is so loud at times, the kids won’t ride in the back seat. I have told the dealer to buy it back.
as for shift issues , pay attention to the shift paddle. I have bumped it a few times causing shifting issues. Poor placement of the paddle.
Did they figure out the Harmonious Vibration issue for you? Mine does it a lot too, especially holding particular speeds on the highway. Last trip my friend's girlfriend wanted to get out of the car in fear it would blow up. I thought it was something to do with the transmission but the dealer has said they can't find anything (3 visits so far) and are threatening to charge me for a diagnostic fee of $200 for each visit.

Hoping you have some good news!!

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had the first gear issue today 2019'36k i dunno i may have hit the button on wheel praying thats alll it was.. issue resolved when i pulled over and shut down and started her back up, tranny temp was 185 all good now

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread