5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer case skid plate question

79 300

Reaction score
I am interested in ordering the transfer case skid plate part number 82215267. All of the pictures of the part online don't look like what I was expecting. I would think the plate would be more rectangular, like the one on my Ram 2500.
Could someone with the off road group, protection group, or a Rebel maybe get a picture of the plate on their truck ? I have attached a photo from one for sale. This is what every vendor shows.
Thanks. skid plate.png

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The picture you have is what it seems to be. Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 45126347-07FE-4571-AE5F-3C2FFFCCE5F8.jpeg
    45126347-07FE-4571-AE5F-3C2FFFCCE5F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 104

79 300

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick response. The members on this forum are great!!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That would be it... now if we can find the elusive 4th plate...

True, only thing I can figure is Ram considering the front suspension plate and the steering box plate the same thing? One plate for both? I haven’t tried yet but maybe should look up the part number for both to see if they are the same?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
True, only thing I can figure is Ram considering the front suspension plate and the steering box plate the same thing? One plate for both? I haven’t tried yet but maybe should look up the part number for both to see if they are the same?

Wondered the same but take issue with that since the build sheet clearly lists two separate plates. Marketing would be happy to combine things like that but manufacturing would not. They indicate four plates so we should have four plates.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19llhpb while I would agree that what you say makes sense, by all means see if you can find a PN... but I think @Edwards is more correct in that *four* plates are listed.

It is clearly written as two separate plates, not as a Suspension/Steering plate...

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19llhpb while I would agree that what you say makes sense, by all means see if you can find a PN... but I think @Edwards is more correct in that *four* plates are listed.

It is clearly written as two separate plates, not as a Suspension/Steering plate...
I agree completely, should be 4 plates. Even though I do not believe it would be right having the same plate for both purposes was just wondering if that was the case. This plate is attached to the front suspension and does sit directly below the steering mechanism. Just a thought? I have not found anything yet, see what else I can do.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have looked some into this. So far have not found anything that boldly states the steering and front suspension are the same plate. However, I did find power steering plates for Ram 1500 pickups only go to the ‘18 model year but no separate steering for the ‘19. The front suspension, fuel tank and transfer case plates are found for the ‘19 year. Also found a skid plate for a Jeep that said “front suspension and power steering”. I’ll keep lookin.

Last edited:

JLUR_

Reaction score
Has anyone found the part numbers for each of the skid plates?

Front Suspension: 82215265
Transfer Case: 82215267
Fuel Tank: TBD
Power Steering: TBD

Still looking into the last 2.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I purchased my Limited, it came with the off road protection package. This included four plates according to my Window Sticker. When I looked under my truck, I saw three plates. One for the gas tank, one for the steering gear, and the one you are showing in the picture you attached. I concluded that it serves two purposes, to protect the transfer case and the suspension parts near it, thus having a curve. And giving four separate pieces listed on my Window Sticker. So I guess you get a bonus when you purchase that part, because it will also protect part of your suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread