5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Case Control Lighting

MLB12

Reaction score
So, after putting 10,000Km(approximately 6,300 Miles) on my Longhorn, I just realized that the transfer case control isn't lit. I only discovered this last night when I had to shift the transfer case to a different mode, and actually had to turn one of the overhead console lights on so I could see which button to push.

I would have expected that this control would be lit in some way, shape, or form.

Thoughts anybody??

MLB12

Reaction score
So, after putting 10,000Km(approximately 6,300 Miles) on my Longhorn, I just realized that the transfer case control isn't lit. I only discovered this last night when I had to shift the transfer case to a different mode, and actually had to turn one of the overhead console lights on so I could see which button to push.

I would have expected that this control would be lit in some way, shape, or form.

Thoughts anybody??

SHOOT!!!! I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Apologies all around.

ADMIN: Are you able to move it to the correct forum, or how should I handle this??

ptrnfan

Reaction score
I don't know if all trim levels are lit but mine is.

JV77

Reaction score
The control on my Laramie is lit, I would imagine your Longhorn should definitely be lit. Is it just the lettering on the buttons that is not lit or do you not have the amber indicator light on the selected mode either?

JV77

Reaction score
If the dimmer is all the way up, it turns of the transfer case lights.
Interesting, I guess I haven't ever turned the dimmer all the way up, I keep it just below the max detent.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SHOOT!!!! I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Apologies all around.

ADMIN: Are you able to move it to the correct forum, or how should I handle this??

Moved it to interior.

JV77

Reaction score
If the dimmer is all the way up, it turns of the transfer case lights.
This morning I decided to test this out and found that my truck does not work this way. If the parking lights, headlights, or auto lights are on, the transfer case control lights are on no matter where I have the dimmer. They do not get any brighter than when the dimmer is just below the max detent, but they do stay on when I go to max, they also stay faintly lit if I run the dimmer all the way down. I am not sure if this is how it should work, but it is how mine works. @MLB12 did you confirm whether or not your lights turn on when you lower your dimmer?

50Front

Reaction score
This morning I decided to test this out and found that my truck does not work this way. If the parking lights, headlights, or auto lights are on, the transfer case control lights are on no matter where I have the dimmer. They do not get any brighter than when the dimmer is just below the max detent, but they do stay on when I go to max, they also stay faintly lit if I run the dimmer all the way down. I am not sure if this is how it should work, but it is how mine works. @MLB12 did you confirm whether or not your lights turn on when you lower your dimmer?

I'll have to play with it. I know the transfer case lights were off and when I moved the dimmer off max they went on.

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
That's what mine does also. If I take it off of Max, all the buttons are lit up.

I really wish the dimmer could be a bit brighter before putting it on Max.

JV77

Reaction score
That's what mine does also. If I take it off of Max, all the buttons are lit up.

I really wish the dimmer could be a bit brighter before putting it on Max.
I agree, it is quite a jump from the highest “dim” setting to max. This is interesting though, all of my lights are on all the time if any headlights/parking lights are on, and others turn off completely at max setting. I wonder if this is by design between models or if there is something wrong in the truck software. It would be helpful to know what truck configurations each person has.

MLB12

Reaction score

No, they don't. I've got an appointment set up with the dealer to see if we can figure out what's going on. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your efforts.

Rich

Reaction score
For some reason the cup holder light turns off when you select max bright detent also.

I'm not sure why, but it does.

My transfer case lights stay in at max bright detent if my headlights or others are on. I didn't check with headlights off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online