5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tranny slips when cold

TheBobs

Reaction score
Check this link out, does this sound the same as what you are going through? Mine was behaving similar but the engine light would come on and throw a P0733 code and goes into limp mode. Second time to dealer now and they are replacing the transmission.

Interesting read. In my case the trans hasn't had the BANG when shifting nor has it gone into limp mode - but all the other symptoms are the same. I'm in a heavy travel season right now and the tranny is behaving for the most part - some sluggish shifts when cold but not like it was before deselecting Hill Start Assist in the settings. No idea why that makes a difference but I do wonder if it isn't hiding the root cause of the problem.

My 2014 transmission was brilliant - never an issue in 207,000 miles. I was hoping the same for my '21. Oh well...

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread