5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train shipment tracking

gpk43

Reaction score
Is there a tracking tool to follow your truck that has been shipped by train from Sterling Heights, MI?

1Raider

Reaction score
Was yours just picked up? Mine was still waiting for the train as of yesterday afternoon..

gpk43

Reaction score
KZ T on 3/5/22

I read the code means on second leg of the train ride?

MO Rebel

Reaction score
No. They may be able to tell you if it was offloaded...but only if you got a good one

Hmm. When I special ordered my Mustang in 2018, my dealer knew the rail company and car number when it was loaded and could give me updates every time the train would pass thru certain points along the way. The only thing he couldn’t track was once the train car had arrived in KC until the carrier hit his lot. Is that no longer capable? Or, was that just a Ford thing?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm. When I special ordered my Mustang in 2018, my dealer knew the rail company and car number when it was loaded and could give me updates every time the train would pass thru certain points along the way. The only thing he couldn’t track was once the train car had arrived in KC until the carrier hit his lot. Is that no longer capable? Or, was that just a Ford thing?
I would not be telling to many people that. They should not have been sharing that info.

The info can be had...very easily...but it is not supposed to be.

Somewhere in one of these millions of threads I shared the order...

Users who are viewing this thread