5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train Horn Mount Locations

Smeyer52

Reaction score
Hey everyone, recently bought a used 2019 Ram Limited. It's replacing my old 2013 Ram, anyways my old Ram I had bed side mounted tool box, which I mounted my Nathan Airchine K3LA underneath with everything to run it inside the tool box. My new truck came with a soft tonau cover and I like having it on so I decided to go with a tool chest instead so I can keep the cover.

That being said I have the bigger gas tank and air suspension there isn't much room to mount horns let alone an air tank. I was looking behind the front bumper and theirs 4 unused bolts near the tow hook bolts. I'm almost thinking just running an airline to the front from the tool chest but I did see some people mention getting a different intake and mounting the tank under the hood. That will be something I'll look into.

Has anyone mounted or fabricated a bracket using those 4 bolts or any other configuration to mount the horns? These horns aren't huge but also not small.

I don't plan on doing much to the truck now. I've color matched the mirrors going to wrap the chrome around the windows black. I removed the molding on the doors also. Which turned into a nightmare as it cost me 2k to fix the paint that came off with the adhesive tape. Must've got a bad factory paint job, hopefully I didn't get screwed lol. I changed our all the badges from chrome to black. And tinted everything.

So far I love the truck, can't complain though I do miss my old Ram at times but it was time for her to go. TIA

Attachments

• 20220202_010347.jpg
    20220202_010347.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 37

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
I have a small air tank I plan to mount somewhere when I get the truck. It may just end up somewhere in the bed, but I'd prefer under the bed, if possible. That's about the only location I can think.

I'm not a fan of "Train horns" but if you're going to invest in an air horn, I always prefer a REAL trucker horn like the Hadley 29":

bucolic

Reaction score
I have a small air tank I plan to mount somewhere when I get the truck. It may just end up somewhere in the bed, but I'd prefer under the bed, if possible. That's about the only location I can think.

I'm not a fan of "Train horns" but if you're going to invest in an air horn, I always prefer a REAL trucker horn like the Hadley 29":

Where would you mount those? On the roof or the hood :) :) ?

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
I mounted my Hornblasters tank and pump in my Ram box. The 6 horns are mounted behind the rear fender just past the Ram box from underneath…. The Ram box keeps the water away from the electrical components.

Attachments

• 478CCC44-7558-4A0D-8B7C-57B071E23B3D.jpeg
    478CCC44-7558-4A0D-8B7C-57B071E23B3D.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 26

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Avatar shows the Nathan K5LAs on my 2008 Big Horn. I used a York 210 AC compressor mounted to the Hemi,
and two Aluminum Air Tanks mounted on the Frame Rails.

I need to move them over to the New Laramie and design brackets to mount a Sanden Compressor to the EcoDiesel Engine.
I am going to try and mount them in the same location.

Malodave

More Pix:

Attachments

• NathanAirchimeK5LA.jpg
    NathanAirchimeK5LA.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 43
  • RAM-YorkMount1.jpg
    RAM-YorkMount1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 41
  • RAM-YorkMount2.jpg
    RAM-YorkMount2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36