5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Train horn addition?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you all for these posts. I guess I am now following everyone else lol.
I do have the 33 gallon tank and air suspension.
Yeah that 33 gallon tank definitely takes away the spot I mounted my 5 gallon tank at then... The compressor is easy to find a spot for if you get one that is weather resistant and there is plenty of room behind the bumper for all of the bells for sure. It’s just the tank that will take some figuring out if you get something larger than the 2 gallon.

Scmil

Reaction score
Yeah that 33 gallon tank definitely takes away the spot I mounted my 5 gallon tank at then... The compressor is easy to find a spot for if you get one that is weather resistant and there is plenty of room behind the bumper for all of the bells for sure. It’s just the tank that will take some figuring out if you get something larger than the 2 gallon.
+1

The 33 gallon tank and the in-floor bins take a lot of room away. I originally wanted to mount on the frame rails and run the line to bells behind the front bumper, but after seeing the space, I just decided to take off the spare tire and use that area.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
+1

The 33 gallon tank and the in-floor bins take a lot of room away. I originally wanted to mount on the frame rails and run the line to bells behind the front bumper, but after seeing the space, I just decided to take off the spare tire and use that area.
I just dislike how far down they hang on a spare tire delete kit and I really wanted to keep my spare so just in case I ever had to use it. Really don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road some places

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Your post got me to look into vararam.. holy crap.. massive difference. I will be ordering one of those tomorrow lol
Yeah man, if you are totally set on mounting right in the engine bay , this is definitely the way to go . It opens the passenger side of the bay up big time 👍🏼

Scmil

Reaction score
I just dislike how far down they hang on a spare tire delete kit and I really wanted to keep my spare so just in case I ever had to use it. Really don’t want to be stuck on the side of the road some places
I agree with you on that, I was worried how low it would sit and would have just had it custom mounted in the space, but after putting it where the spare is with the kit, only a inch of the bell shows. It wasn't my first choice, but with the 35s and eventual 37s, a spare wouldn't fit regardless. I just keep a patch kit and a QD from the tank to fill if need be.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I agree with you on that, I was worried how low it would sit and would have just had it custom mounted in the space, but after putting it where the spare is with the kit, only a inch of the bell shows. It wasn't my first choice, but with the 35s and eventual 37s, a spare wouldn't fit regardless. I just keep a patch kit and a QD from the tank to fill if need be.
This makes sense. I have over 35” tires currently too but would put that spare on the front in a pinch if that meant getting me off the side of the road, especially in the backwoods.

Harley Dave

Reaction score
I have a 20 Limited and put a 5 gallon Stainless tank behind the front bumper under the radiator, and have a two bell commuter train horn between the bumper bracket and the front bumper.

redneck

Reaction score
harley dave any pics i would like to do this i cant spend $800 on a ram air in take to free up fenderwell space between the new truck & windows in the house i spent 100k last week

Harley Dave

Reaction score
harley dave any pics i would like to do this i cant spend $800 on a ram air in take to free up fenderwell space between the new truck & windows in the house i spent 100k last week
I will have to take some, I cannot locate what I did with them

Users who are viewing this thread